twelve | neibolt (pt.1)

"Bill!" You yelled as you saw him walking up the stairs of Neilbolt's house. You immediately dropped off your bike when you pulled up on the front lawn, and you ran into the gates, stopping behind him. The rest of the group followed suit.

"Bill, you can't go in there!" You heard Beverly say behind you, as Bill turned and examined your face.

"This is crazy!" Richie agreed, and they all stood behind you while you and Bill locked eyes for a moment. He looked away, and his eyes fell on the whole group.

"Look, you don't have to come with me. But what happens when another Georgie goes missing? Or another Betty or another Ed Corcoran or one of us? Are you just gonna pretend it isn't happening like everyone else in this town? Because I can't. I go home and all I see is that Georgie isn't there. His clothes, his toys, his stupid stuffed animals, but... He isn't," his speech almost had you in tears, as he caught your eye and continued, "So walking into this house, for me, is easier than walking into my own."

"Wow," you heard Richie say behind you as Bill turned and began walking towards the front door of the house.

"What?" Beverly asked him.

"He didn't stutter once."

Without hesitation, you began walking up the beaten, wooden stairs towards Bill when you heard Stanley.

"Wait!" You all turned to look at him, and he looked back guiltily, "um... shouldn't we have some people keep watch?"

Bill looked around with his hand resting on the doorknob of the burnt down-home.

"You know, just in case something bad happens?" Stanley said again quietly.

"Wh-who wants to stay out here?" Bill asked, and everyone except you raised their hand. You rolled your eyes and rubbed the bridge of your nose.

Everyone slowly put down their hands, and Richie caught your eye, before muttering a 'fuck'.

"How about we draw sticks?" Bev suggested, walking around and picking up a pile of twigs.

Richie and Eddie drew the smaller sticks.

Now they were following you and Bill as you all crept into the abandoned, burnt house. Richie started complaining as Bill slipped his hand into your own.

"I can't believe I pulled the short straw," he complained, and you sighed in annoyance as he spoke, "you guys are lucky you're not measuring dicks."

"Shut up, Richie," Eddie said quietly as you all looked around the entrance of the house.

"I can smell it," Eddie said again.

"Don't breathe through your mouth."

"How come?"

"Because then you're eating it."

Eddie made gagging noises at Richie's remark, and you just wished you could un-hear that. Bill squeezed your hand a bit tighter.

You noticed Richie walking away, and you turned to see him holding a piece of wrinkled paper. He was reading it, and his face paled.

"What's wrong?" you asked him, stepping closer as he looked up with a look of terror across his face.

"It- it says I'm missing," he told you. You came and stood beside him, letting go of Bill, and you read the paper.

"You're not missing, Richie," Bill tried to reassure him, but he started freaking out.

"'Police department, City of Derry'. That's my shirt, that's my hair, that's my face!" He started shaking bad, and you grabbed his shoulders.

"Calm down, this isn't real!" You tried to comfort him, but he wouldn't calm down.

"That's my name. That's my age! That's the date!"

"It can't be real Richie!" Bill threw the piece of paper away from the terrified boy, while you stepped back towards Eddie.

"No, it says it! What the fuck? Am I missing? Am I gonna go missing?!" Bill grabbed both of his hands, trying to stop him from freaking out.

"Calm down. Calm down! Look at me, Richie, look at me!" Richie stopped struggling and looked Bill in the eyes, "th-that isn't real. It's playing t-tricks on you."

Richie started to calm down, his breathing slowing as he took a deep breath.

That's when you heard a voice yell out from upstairs, "hello?"

Bill immediately grabbed your hand and began walking slowly towards the voice, who called again. "Hello?"

"Help me, please!" It called, and your blood ran cold.

The four of you began walking slowly up the creaky stairs, hearing the unknown voice start pleading and crying. You stood behind Bill, his hand still wrapped firmly around yours, while Richie and Eddie followed behind you.

You made it to the second floor, and your attention was drawn to a hallway. You crept along the wooden floor behind Bill as he stood at the entrance of the long hall.

You saw a door open at the end of the hallway, and a brunette girl was lying on the floor in the room.

It was Betty Ripsom. The missing girl.

She was coughing and wheezing for air, and all you could do was stare. Your fear had you rooted in place beside Bill, and it felt like if he squeezed your hand any tighter it would explode since it was the hand that you had bandaged. But you didn't care at this point.

"Betty?" Bill asked with a shaky voice.

"Ripsom?" Richie asked on the other side of you.

She didn't answer, just continued gasping, before suddenly she was pulled into the room harshly by an unseen force.

Oh god, what was going on? You couldn't think straight.

You jumped closer to Bill by habit and let out a small whimper. He caught his breath for a moment.

He slowly started leading you closer to the room, and you walked behind him with shaky legs.

You didn't notice Eddie break off from the group and stay behind.

When you made it to the door, you walked inside and looked around. Betty was gone. You turned your head in all directions... but she was nowhere to be seen.

"She was just here. Where the fuck did she go?!" Richie exclaimed, beginning to pace the room. You began looking around, trying to find the poor girl.

You let out a yelp and jumped into Bill's arms when you heard the door slam shut behind the three of you.

Wait, three?

"Guys... where's Eddie?!" You exclaimed, looking around wildly trying to find your friend.

"Eddie?!" You heard Richie yell.

"GUYS!" You heard the familiar voice exclaim from the other side of the door, and you immediately ran to it, using the hand that wasn't wrapped in Bill's hand to try and open it. But it was locked and wasn't budging.

"Holy fuck!" You heard Eddie scream from the other side of the door, and then a crash. You started banging on the door, while Bill let go of your hand to join Richie in trying to break the door down.

"Y/n..." you heard a voice behind you, and you turned. The voice was so familiar.

"Y/n, come here, my beautiful girl..." You heard it again, and your face paled in realization.

"Mom?" You whispered lightly, slowly walking towards the edge of the room, where there was another door. Funny, you hadn't seen that before...

"Yes baby, I'm right here. Come on, come save me, please!" she begged. You blinked before quickly jogging towards the back room and away from Bill and Richie, who was still yelling and trying to break the door down.

They hadn't even noticed you had tiptoed away until it was too late.