First Day

"Okay everyone remembers to ask if any friends of yours if they wish to work here!" My manager announced.
Tying the maid's apron off and placing it in my locker I smiled. At the maid-cafe, I worked as a waitress: one of the few jobs open to someone with only a high-school degree. Working part-time here and taking online classes for college I was busy enough but by taking another job I'll be able to get out of the crappy apartment I have and move into a decent house and pay off my student loans. So I hope in my car and started my drive to my new job as a night guard at a science laboratory.
"Take the next left to..." my phone directed me.
It was dark almost 10:00 pm the moon high in the sky. My shift doesn't start until 10:30 but it's probably best to go early since it was my first time.
I took a turn into a forest, unsure if I got the right address I pulled over and checked again. I looked at the address it was correct. The forest was quiet and empty. I probably should have called someone before I might just get murdered in the middle of the woods. Accepting my fate I continue. I turned from a dirt toad to a smooth sleek road and to my amazement stood a building with glass windows and blue lights. A large electric fence encircled it with a single gate to enter. I stopped at a gate with a voice box.
"This is the Human, Werewolf, and Mei'faw Genetics center. The HWM. State your name and your business." It asked in the most monotone voice I've ever heard.
"Y/n, l/n. I'm the new night guard. Number 2768" I explained.
"Mhm." He paused, "Proceed." He said as the gate began to open.
I drove forward looking for a place to park. I noticed all parking spots were labeled some by name others reserved for interns. So I pulled into the nearest security spot. I stepped out and examined my car. My car was as old as the dinosaurs. It was clean and worked okay but it was trash next to all of the shiny cars in the parking lot. Well, the few that we're still here. I locked my car though sure that no one should try to steal it and walked in through the front. The place was very empty but because of how late it was but I wasn't surprised. Clean white floors and only dim lights showing the way through all the empty hallways. A symbol hung over the front desk a DNA strand and a paw print. No one sat at the desk, however.
"Hello! You must be the fresh meat!" A voice said.
I focused my attention on a man by the entrance to the hallway on my right. He was of average height with light brown hair and tan skin wearing a security uniform.
I began to walk over as he introduced himself.
"I'm Alexander Brooks, but call me just Alex." He explained offering a handshake.
"Y/n l/n. Just call me Y/n(or nickname)." I answered shaking his hand.
"We'll come with me I'll show you around." He explained motioning me down the hallway.
I began to follow him. He started showing me different rooms. He explained how each room was locked by only being opened by Each room is marked in 5 colors. Green, yellow, orange, red, and black. Depending on how long you worked and how much information you are allowed to know you are assigned a keycard of different colors. Green is the most generic information for Students and Black for the main scientists. I will be given a black card so I can look into each room but in black and red rooms I'm only allowed to 0nly look through the door nothing else.
       "In case of an emergency, you trigger the alarm. Allowing the main security to take care of it." He explained.
       "What if there is a thief shouldn't I try and capture them?" I asked.
       He looked around the empty hallway pondering. He moved me into a classroom closing the door the air in the room stilling. He quietly whispered, "Just distract them until main security gets here."
       "But what if they try to get away and there won't be time..." I explained until he put a finger to my mouth.
        "No ifs just distract got it?" He answered in a more serious tone.
         "Y-yes." I stumbled.
         He smiled suddenly going back to his happy-go-lucky mood.
          "Go get ready, here is your key card, communicator, and flashlight. Everything else should be in your locker your number is your code you can change it later. He said giving me a note with my locker number 1478.
           "I have the evening shift so I'm done for the day. See you tomorrow!" He waved goodbye.
            I waved back and headed into the locker room to grab my things.
————————————————————————
Yes, this is my street Fanfiction. You won't meet that many charters for now but be patient! Please Vote and Library this story to keep this story going! Thanks! (730 words)