Vixen

"Prove yourself..." A voice said.
I woke up with a start. The lights where really bright around me I covered my eyes.
"Oh sorry y/n! Your probably overwhelmed I turn of some lights." I think Izzy said.
I heard a click and I opened my eyes again. I was in the same room. This time only Dr. Harper and Izzy where here.
"So how do you feel?" Asked Dr. Harper.
"Fine actually, but I feel different."
"Different how?" Asked Harper, writing stuff down on a clipboard.
"It kind of hard to explain..." I said getting off the bed.
I felt unbalanced and started to fall until some counterpart balanced me back. I looked behind me. A fluffy long light orange tail was behind me.
"Don't panic!" Izzy exclaimed.
"Okay... Do I have ears or a fox nose or something?" I asked.
"Only ears." Izzy said.
I hesitated but felt my ears they where soft and long.
"Is that the only difference you feel or..." Stated Dr. Harper.
"Ohh yes sorry...I feel more balanced, a little stronger I think?" I began.
"Okay what about hearing or smell?" She asked.
I focused for a second. I twitched my ears and heard talking from other rooms, I could smell people were in the hallway.
"Yes definitely heightened." I said.
"Good. We'll do more test tomorrow. Today you'll rest and Izzy is going to help you learn to hide your tail and ears." She said.
"Wait how long will the test take." I asked.
"Only about a day and a half." She said, already out the door.
I was left there with Izzy.
"How long was I out?" I asked her.
"Ohh only about 2 days." She said.
I looked out the window noticing the sun setting. The facility was closing.
"I heard the voice." I told her.
"You did! Did you see how amazing..." Izzy began.
"I didn't see anything. I only heard prove yourself." I said.
"Ohh..." She sighed.
"How long did it take you until your ears and tail disappeared?" I asked.
"About a month." She said.
"Okay." I said.
"How do you feel? Do you want to try hiding your ears?" She asked.
"Of course! But is there a way I can change?" I asked, motions to my patient nightgown.
"Sure, let me get you some clothes, try detaching and walking around while I get the clothes." She said waking out if the room.
I walked around testing how I moved my ears and tail. The tail helped me feel more balanced and my body was dependent on the counter weight of my tail. My ears where easy enough to move. I could flick them from side to side and lay them flat against my head. The natural resting place of my tail was down and almost touched the floor much like a Mei'faw tail.
"Here you go!" Izzy said stepping inside holding a pile of clothes.
"Thanks!" I said smiling and taking the clothes.
I went behind the same curtain that was on one side of the bed.
I changed into some dark blue jeans and a gray shirt.
I stepped out behind the curtain.
"This is so much better! Thanks!" I smiled.
"Why it's nothing!" She smiled.
"So what do I need to do to hide the ears and tail?" I asked.
"Well for me I just imagined my ears and tail folding back into me. Some people it occurs naturally." She explained.
I first tried just thinking them away. Nothing. I tried the folding technique. It didn't work.
"It was close!" Said Izzy, "the ears vanished for a second but not the tail."
"Okay. I'll just keep trying." I smiled.
"I'll give you some space. You know where to find me if you need anything!" She said.
I nodded and began to focus on myself. I felt my new ears and tail. I felt the energy flowing through them. I sat down like I was meditating.  I imagined my ears energy combining with my head. Slowly the energy came together. I tried my tail. It's energy was much stronger. I focused on its energy. I melded it with my own. I opened my eyes. My ear and tail where gone. I jumped up in excitement and dell face first on the floor.
"Ow..." I mumbled standing up again more carefully.
Without my tail I felt less balanced then I did before. I walked around. I was okay.
I decided to walk around watching as the last of the scientists went away. Some said hi to me noticing how often I was here.
I ended up at the front entrance. The moon was just starting to rise above some tall trees. I watched the moon for a little bit knowing that I shouldn't go outside.
"Did it work?" Asked Vlayd who walked in.
I smiled and motioned him to follow me.
—————————————————————
(815) words. Please vote and library!😊