Chapter 1

Swift icy winds nipped at Yugi's nose as he gripped the doorhandle to his Grandpa's game shop. It is was closing time so only his Grandpa stood inside sorting through new shipments of Duel Monsters cards. It was silent outside as it was inside. No wonder, since anyone still outside in this giant snow storm would be crazy or frozen solid.

"Hey Grandpa! I've got the groceries you asked for!" Yugi said, sliding his backpack onto the counter.

"Thank you, Yugi." Grandpa smiled at him before going back to sorting the cards. "I'll be done in just a moment. We can watch a movie later if you want."

Yugi nodded, sighing. His bookbag was starting to make his shoulder hurt, filled will the days homework. He switched shoulders and his muscles started to ease.

"Grandpa, I might actually be a while. My teachers kept piling on homework. More than usual, actually. Apparently winter gives reason to do more work in their eyes," Yugi said trudging up the stairs, sliding his hands lazily on the railing after a long day of needed rest.

"Alright Yugi. I'll start on dinner. Come on down whenever your ready." Yugi smiled sensing the happiness in his Grandfather's voice. He didn't really mind doing homework, but when it got so bad that it hurt to carry his bookbag, then he minded. Yugi was almost always upbeat and enthusiastic about everything.

Yugi then sat down on his computer chair and started working on his homework. He was glad he wasn't taking Spanish or French, which were optional, because those classes were having giant tests this quarter. Yugi didn't have much time for anything else, having all the new responsibilities he has gained lately. His Grandpa was recently in the hospital due to back pain. Yugi wanted to stay by his side the whole time, but his Grandpa insisted that he was fine and would rather be watching over the game shop. Yugi reluctantly agreed. Once his Grandpa got released from the hospital, Yugi kept close watch on Grandpa.

"Okay...question one...of fifty." This was going to be a long night.
|···|
Yami slammed the door fuming. Most recently he moved in with Joey, his best friend. Joey was living alone, but his Aunt Cece paid rent and bought him his food. When she gained custody over Joey she bought him an apartment, left him her credit card, and gave him a death threat if he overused the credit.

Yami just got in a fight with Joey, it was a heated argument, and truthfully, Yami had no idea what it was even about. Either way, he just needed time to cool down. And it was nice to stretch his legs, even though it was ice cube temperature. Yami wrapped his scarf tighter around his neck and rubbed his arms. He wasn't going back inside until he was ready, even if he freezes to death.
Snow whizzed by, roaring in his ears. He shivered. He turned around to go back but stopped. He couldn't see, the snow was too thick. It was blinding.

"Well call me an idiot I just walked into a blizzard." Yami said, shaking. He put his hands to his eyes trying to see, to no prevail.

"Wait.." he turned and saw a building shape. Coughing he trudged to the building. He weakly knocked on the door, his hands frosted with snow.

"Open the gosh darn door.." he coughed and gave a satisfying punch to the door, before sliding to the ground.

"Dear Lord, this is friggin downright bad crappy luck."

And with that the boy passed out.
|···|
"Grandpa? Did you finish the potat-" Yugi was caught off by a loud Thump! coming from the front door.

Maybe someone's out there, Yugi thought. No that's ridiculous. No one would be out there in this storm.

He shrugged. It wouldn't kill to check...
Yugi slowly opened the front door and jumped a foot back when a figure slid into the room, unconscious.

I know him! He's Yami from school!

"Grandpa! Grandpa, come quick!"
|···|
Hello! :3 I hope you like it. I'll try to update often. Please make comments! Thank you! <3