Chapter 9

A/N: I got a new kitty! Named him Leo (Percy Jackson reference). Anyways, I've been having on/off connection with my YouTube and I'm trying to watch Yugioh GX. I needed inspiration (excuses excuses)Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter. It doesn't have any Yugi/Yami POV's because my friend said to me earlier "The best books have different viewpoints." If you actually read it to the end I'll give you a cookie!

"No, my name is pronounced Tee-uh. Not tee. Yes. Okay, thank you. Good day."

Tea hung up the phone, frustration ringing throughout her like lightning. Since junior year was ending soon, she was thinking ahead and applying for summer jobs.

She had ringed all the best places. The job she wanted the most was a cashier position at the Lumaci Cridue shop at the mall. Employees got a 20% discount and they sell the cutest clothes!

Or the dance academy. That works too.

But her mind dwelled elsewhere. She kept thinking of how Yami rejected her. She knew he liked her as a friend, but she was really hoping there was a chance he could like her more than that.

Her phone beeped. She figured it was most likely another text from Grandpa Muto asking on how to get his new TV to work. She let out a fond but exasperated sigh, her thoughts now casted to the older generations and their idiocy when it came to technology.

Tea picked up her phone, putting it on vibrate so she could focus on the book she was reading. It was an informational guide to first aid. She had figured it wouldn't hurt to learn a little bit about it in case of emergencies.

Then the house phone went off. Tea let out a prolonged sigh. Could it be Grandpa again? She ran to the phone and wished that the phone had caller ID enabled. She picked up.

"Grandpa, if the TV isn't turning on it's most likely you're pressing the red button instead of the green."

"Tea? Wait what? Gah, not the time! It's Tristan and I need you to check your phone. Did Kaiba send you the text?"

Tea was originally planning to question him, but upon h  earing the urgency in his voice she opened her text messages right away.

Upon opening her message app, she surely enough found that she had received a text from Kaiba.

Tea still liked him, possibly more than Yami. But he was so unapproachable, so Tea had just settled for admiring from afar. However, these thoughts were nowhere near her mind when she read that Mokuba was getting tested for cancer and needed their support.

"Do you think it's a prank?"

Tea got out her purse, already having slipped her shoes on. In seconds she was out the door and heading towards her car parked down the street.

"Seto wouldn't joke about this."

|...|

Mokuba couldn't understand what was happening to him.

His chest throbbed, causing a burning sensation every time he took a breath. He started to loathe taking breaths, considering each one promised pain.

He couldn't open his eyes which were seemingly sealed shut by fear or pain. He felt a needle inserted into his arm. He quickly felt drowsy, slipping in and out of consciousness.

Before falling into the dark completely, he heard bone chilling screams.

Screams that, unknown from the boy himself, was coming from poor little Mokuba.

I want big brother, he thought. I want Seto.

Big brother where are you?

|...|