Chapter 6

Sorry for not writing! I'm working on a few different books (private that may soon be public) while stuDYING a LOT for upcoming tests for school. And on top of that, I keep losing my charger. Ah, the stress! Anyways, I hope you like this chapter! The title part 'ON HOLD' is still there because it's not going to be updated very often. But I made this one just for you. Yep, you reading the screen right now.

I present, Chapter 6:

Grandpa had started to use his injury as an excuse to be demanding. Not that it bothered Yugi, he stilled loved him. But it was starting to get on his nerves. 

"Yugi! Oh, my back! Can you hand me the remote?" Grandpa said, gesturing towards the remote which was on the bedside table, two inches from his outstretched hand.

"Okay," Yugi said, handing it to him. Yugi got back to work, making Grandpa's tea. The nurses would usually be doing this, but the hospital was currently in an uproar. Kaiba's little brother, Mokuba, seemed to be deathly ill. From the nervous whispers Yugi had picked up on, things didn't sound too good. Furthermore, Kaiba was on a rampage, yelling at any nurses that weren't careful with his brother.

Yugi already knew to not get on Kaiba's bad side. Nevertheless, he decided to triple his precautions,

As Yugi handed Grandpa his tea, he leaned back on the wall. He was extremely bored. He really wished one of his new friends were here. They seemed quite talented at making him smile. But most of all, he wanted Yami there. He didn't know why, but he felt a small ache in his chest. It was a strange and unfamiliar feeling that Yugi tried to ignore. 

"Yugi!" Grandpa yelled, gesturing towards the light. Yugi dimmed the lights per Grandpa's request, avoiding his earlier thoughts once more. Instead, he focused on doing sudoku and word puzzles. He wasn't fully satisfied until a passerby nurse showed him some puzzles which were located on the top shelf in a common area. 

Yugi asked for help reaching it, feeling a bit embarrassed. It wasn't his fault the Muto's have such short legs!

Yugi ended up choosing a 600 piece puzzle of Egypt. He felt a bit geeky picking it out. There were easier puzzles there, but this one had caught my eye. Not only was the puzzle 3D, it also seemed to shimmer. 

How strange. 

|...|

Even though Yami had promised Tea he would help her with studying, it was very tempting to skip and go home and watch the latest comedy flick.

But, he didn't. He wanted to stay loyal and honest. Sometimes he struggled with this, but he was determined. Loyalty was not one of his specialties. At least, not yet. 

"Okay Yami! I think I'm good to go. Thanks for helping me!" Tea said, packing up her book bag a few hours after they had spent going over notes and studying.

They walked out of the library, Yami's hands in his pockets and Tea's holding onto her book bag straps. When they started down the stairs, she started to turn red. Yami raised an eyebrow, giving her a questioning look. 

"Tea, are you alri-" I was cut off. She stepped close to Yami, her blush traveling all the way down her neck. Yami noted that she looked a bit like a ripe tomato. He found it a bit funny but didn't feel like the situation was appropriate for a laugh. Before he could even say anything, she tugged on his collar and pulled his face close to hers.

"Yami," she murmured.

She leaned forward, gently kissing Yami once. Soft and sweet.

Yami didn't kiss back.

As Tea pulled back, Yami could tell by her expression that she had felt it. She looked crushed.

"Tea," Yami started, reaching out to grab her hand. He didn't like her in that way, but he didn't want their friendship to be ruined.

"Goodnight Yami," she said, pulling her arm strongly out of his hold. She waved it quickly before speedwalking away. 

Yami stood there, frozen.

"Ah, shoot." He exclaimed. 

|...|

Anyways end of chapter six. I'll be trying my best to update-I'm trying to beat the writer's block.
Goodnight my..hmmm...Rainbow Uni's! <3