Chapter 8

The urge was too strong. Yami leaned in, closer to Yugi. Yami was wearing a self assured smirk, but he was truly shaking.

Yugi leaned in also and to Yami's delight-kissed him.

The kiss was like none other. Of course, it was a teen kiss. But this was a kiss that would never be experienced again- the very first. Their very first..

It was short in sweet, just like Yugi. Yami teased Yugi by biting his lip gently.

Yami's phone beeped and He pulled away ending the kiss. Yugi fell back, gasping on the bed.

It was a text from Kaiba.

"Oh my gosh!" Yami stood up, grabbing Yugi's hand and running out the door.

"Yami! W-What's going on!!" Yugi said stuttering as Yami started the car.

"Drive now talk later."

"But Grandpa!"

"He's an adult Yugi not a baby."

Yugi's eyes glittered with curiosity. He really wanted to know what was the matter, but Yami had to focus on driving. As he backed up onto the road, Yami told him what he could at the moment.

"Something's happened to Mokuba."

|•••|

|•••|

Yugi sat in silence the whole way. Which Yami was a little grateful for, since speeding and talking wasn't that great of a combination. A few minutes later they got to the hospital, barging in together. Yami tugged Yugi gently to where he wanted to go.

Yami instantly noticed Kaiba. He was sitting in the corner his head in lap. Yami rushed next to him, dropping Yugi's hand to put it on Kaiba's shoulder.

"I'm so sorry."

Kaiba's head snapped up. He was red, seemingly furious. But he was crying.

"He's not dead!" He screamed as he shoved Yami's hand off of his shoulder.

"But he could die, and I'm just trying to say tha-," Yugi cut me off by grabbing his hand. Yami then realized that he was reacting too negatively. He wasn't helping at all. Yami noted that he would have to thank Yugi later for stopping him before he said anything unintentionally cruel.

"He is so healthy though! How did cancer just randomly come up? What type is it?" Yugi said, sitting next to Kaiba.

"Breast cancer." Kaiba said sarcastically.

Yami rolled his eyes, somewhat relieved that Kaiba was still himself enough to be sarcastic in this situation.

"No, seriously."

"Lung cancer."

"Is there anything I, we, can do?"

Kaiba gave a long, cold, stare at the door that connected the waiting room to the patients rooms.

"Hope."

A/N: So sorry for the short chapter! But this chapter is dedicated to MysticMonarch for making the wonderful book Barrier (read it seriously) and anyways. I'll try to make longer chapters.

I know I'm bad at long chapters but hey cut me some slack this is one of the first fanfics I'm determined to commit too!

No I'm not getting married to it.

Till next chapter