Chapter 7: Girl's Day

Clearly Adrien had gotten the idea, but she still shot glances at him, some curious, wondering what he was thinking, others piercing and angry for obvious reasons.

"Hey Marinette." Alya said, bringing Marinette out of her trance. "Do you want to have a girl's day today after school?"

"I don't know…" she said hesitantly, "yesterday kinda wore me out."

"No, no way, you are not getting out of this! We'll hang out, talk, do whatever we want. We haven't done that in forever. Come on. Please?" Alya gave her big baby doll eyes. Marinette could never resist those.

"Not the baby doll eyes! ARGH! Fine. We'll do it. On one condition. We have to talk about you and Nino." She whispered the last part, wiggling her eyebrows mischievously.

"Fine, and we're also going to talk about your love life. " She said it with such conviction that Marinette could never protest.

~After School~

"Ready? " Alya inquired as she linked arms with Marinette.

"As I'll ever be."

The two walked aimlessly through the streets of Paris talking about everything imaginable, save the obvious topics not up for discussion. After running out of things to talk about they walked in pleasant silence, Alya being the one to break it.

"So, what all happened last night after Nino and I left?I could tell things ended badly, if they had you two would have been talking nonstop today. And don't even get me started on the glances you shot him. What did he do? " Alya prodded, she knew that Marinette wouldn't give her the full story, but maybe she could piece it together if Mari gave her something to go off of.

"You know I can't tell you the whole story, right Alya. At least, not yet. Right? " Marinette had always wanted to tell her best friend of her alter ego, but she knew the repercussions.

"I get it, as long as you go more in depth later."

"I will. See the thing is, Adrien has been gone so long that, well, I was finally getting to a point where it was okay that he was gone. I spend so long doing it on my own, fighting on my own. Then he comes back, and it's like he isn't really even here. He won't come back, at least not fully. I've truly lost him haven't I? I put him on a pedestal and it seems to be crumbling. Yet I still think that I love him, I don't think that I'll stop. But even if he comes back completely, I'll always be worried that he'll leave me again. " Marinette poured her heart out to Alya, saying a bit more than she wanted to.

"Okay girl. I understood like half of that. But I want you to know that I will always be here for you no matter what. I know Adrien hurt you when he left. Mari, you were heartbroken, and I had to watch that happen to you. When you are ready to tell me what's going on and what happened between you and Adrien, I will be there. I will always be there for you. " Alya meant every word, she wanted Marinette to be okay, she needed her to be okay. As she finished saying her piece Marinette embraced her in a big bear hug.

The two would remember this moment for forever. While Marinette couldn't tell Alya everything, this is as close as she could get for the time being. At that moment Adrien didn't matter, it was about Marinette and Alya. They were best friends and in each other's embrace nothing else mattered. 

Alya pushed back and held Mari's shoulders with her arms outstretched, "Come on, we still have some time before we have to get home." And with that, the heroine and the reporter spent the rest of the day together being carefree.