Chapter 10: Everything

Adrien was waiting at the side door of Marinette's house. He didn't feel comfortable waiting in the bakery. He had been waiting for ten minutes now but he didn't care, Adrien would wait a lifetime for a conversation with his lady.

A few minutes later and the door opened to reveal Marinette.

"Good morning Adrien, do you want to come inside? Sorry about making you wait, I thought you were coming later." Marinette said apologetically.

"Good morning princess." Adrien said as he walked in through the door and followed Marinette up the stairs. "You're fine, I wasn't waiting for too long." He fibbed.

The two walk silently through her living room and into her room.

"Okay, first thing,"Adrien started off," I want this to be a no-holds bar conversation. So if I ask you a question, will you answer it with complete honesty? "

"As long as you do the same."

"Do you want to start things off then?"

Marinette took a second to think, "Ummm, okay, first question. What have you been doing the past two years?"

Starting off easy, okay, he could do that, "Well, I've traveled a lot with the money that I've made through modeling. I kept up with school through online classes. Let's see, I've taken up some new hobbies, since I always enjoyed your parents' pastries, I took up cooking and baking. I spent nearly a year traveling through the USA and Canada, I absolutely loved Canada. Prince Edward Island was gorgeous. one of my favorite things about not being in France was that not as many people recognized me. Of course I got recognized by people who liked my dad's designs, but I didn't mind that much."

"That's insane. Those must have been the best two years of your life."

"That's not true, I spent the best two years of my life being your partner and friend." Adrien's eyes were a bit sad when he said this.

"Me too Adrien." So early into the conversation and the two heroes were already a bit mopey.

"Before we get too depressed, let's go to the next question. Hit me with it." Adrien said, he was worried, yet excited about being asked more questions. So long as he got to talk to her, he would answer any question that Marinette threw at him.

"You're not asking me a question?" Marinette said, confused.

"I don't really have a lot of questions, they're pretty big questions, but there aren't that many."

"Let's just do a simple one. Since you've had so much time to soul search, what are your plans after the baccalauréat tests are over this summer?"

"Well, there are a couple things that I've been considering. I've really grown to love cooking, so possibly a chef. Opening my own restaurant would be so cool. I've also thought about photography, during my travels I took it up, and I absolutely love it. I'll show you some of my pictures another time. Modeling of course is another career choice I could make, I have so many brands that have been reaching out to me since I got back. The last one I've been thinking about is acting, not a lot of people consider the fact that modeling is a form of acting, and the lights of the silver screen have always intrigued me."

"Wow, you've got a big choice ahead after the bacs, huh?"

"I feel like, with my inheritance, that I have that option to take that leap of faith into the deep, dark, unknown that is my future. "

Marinette nodded her head in understanding. "What about you, Marinette. Have your dreams really changed since I left?"

"Not really, I still want to be a fashion designer, I've applied to Institute Français la mode, Esmond International, Atelier école de mode, and a bunch of others. All of them have incredible fashion design programs. My dream is to one day be as successful as your father. He has always been such a big influence of mine."

"You have such a clear idea of your life, that must be nice. I've never had that clear picture of what my life will be like. I mean, I think my dad always expected me to work for him. I just don't think that I will be fulfilled in life if I continue to work for my dad."

"I get it, my parents used to want me to work with them and become a pastry chef, but I never felt like that was the direction that my life would go in. Okay, my next question, it's pretty big. Why did you leave in the first place?" Asked the question she had really wanted the answer to.

"Oh, that. Well, the answer is actually simpler than you think. My dad, well, he's Hawkmoth."