Chapter 13: Patrol

It was night as Ladybug and Chat Noir jumped out of the Agreste Mansion. They made sure they stayed high enough so no one could see them, all the while, holding each other’s hands. To the two heroes, it was almost as if the past two years had never happened. Somehow they were back to where they were before.

The two heroes travelled for a while, not finding any minor crimes to stop. They decided to sit down on a random Parisian rooftop to look out at the skyline. Just as they got to the rooftop they said they would stop at, Marinette tripped on a shingle. As soon as she realized what happened she started laughing and flipped over onto her back to look up at Chat Noir who was also laughing.

“Just as clumsy as Marinette, huh?” Ladybug said between laughs.

“Yup!” Chat said, making a popping sound on the ‘p’. “But just as cute!” He exclaimed with a wink.

Adrien helped his lady sit up and sat right next to her. He had turned to ask her a question when they heard a somewhat familiar voice.

“Ladybug? Is that you? Did you fall? Are you okay?” Said the frantic voice.

“Ummmm…” Marinette said not knowing if she should respond or not. “I think that’s Alya!” She whisper shouted, eyes widening.

“I’m coming up there, okay?”

All of a sudden they saw the top of a ladder appear from the balcony just below them. Hurried steps could be heard from below as the person started to climb up the ladder. Sure enough, their orange haired friend came climbing up. Only God knows why Alya had a ladder on her balcony. But now Alya would know that Chat Noir was back, they couldn’t really hide that anymore.

“Ladyb-” Alya’s eyes wandered over to the person sitting next to her idol. Next to Ladybug was the person who she had never expected to see again. “Chat Noir?”

“Hey.” Chat Noir said awkwardly, with a slight wave of his clawed hand.

“How are you here? Where have you been?” The reporter questioned. “So many of us thought you were dead.”

“I’m back.” He sang quietly. Alya could tell that Chat Noir was extremely nervous, but then something clicked in her mind.

“You just got back? Like this week?” 

“Uh, y-yeah…” Adrien stuttered, wondering where Alya was headed.

“That can’t be a coincidence. How can it be you?” Adrien cocked his head as Alya figured it out. Marinette quickly squeezed Adrien’s hand, knowing what was going on in Alya’s head.

“Adrien?”

Chat’s cat-like eyes widened as he finally realized what had just happened.

“So I’m right. It’s you. I can’t believe that now, after all these years I figured it out. I mean, I should’ve known when both you and Chat Noir disappeared around the same time, but I was just caught up in all of it. I feel like I was so blind to have not seen it by now.” Alya sighed, shaking her head and pulling herself up onto the roof completely.

“I’m sorry Alya, but you know that there was no way that I could tell you. You have no idea how much I wanted to tell you guys.” 

“It is dangerous for you to know our identities.” Ladybug stated, “You will learn my identity soon enough, when the time for the final battle comes.”

“The final battle? What’s that?” Alya asks.

“The final battle with Hawkmoth. While none of you are required to accept, Chat Noir and I will be asking three of you to join us. That will be you, and Nino of course, as well as Chloé Bourgeois.” Marinette said, Adrien could tell she wanted to appear as strong-willed as possible for Alya, and it was working.

“Chloé? Are you sure?” questioned the orange-haired reporter. “How do you know you can trust her? She sided with Hawkmoth once, what’s to say she won’t do it again?”

“I’ve been watching Ms. Bourgeois, and I can tell that she has changed. She has worked so hard to improve herself, and become a better person. She is strong, and we are going to need her on our team.” Marinette strongly stated with conviction.

“I trust you Ladybug, and I will follow you into the final battle. I trust that you know what you’re doing. I am truly honored that you trust me enough to tell me your true identity.”

“I believe we’ll be great friends, Alya. I am truly lucky to have you on my side. Chat Noir and I should be going now, I will see you again soon Alya Césaire.” Marinette held out her hand and Alya shook it.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Chat.” Alya said, winking.

Marinette held her hand out for Adrien to grab, he took hold of it and stood up.

“Bug out!”