the ex

we woke up at the normal time, Haley and I hugging each other in the same position we were when we fell asleep. we all got dressed, I wore one of Haley's jumpers and some exercise shorts. as I was putting the last of my stuff in my bag Haley tapped my shoulder.

"follow me" she whispered whilst pulling me up and taking my hand. she lead me down the hall and to the vending machine. she pushed my back against it and looked around. she slammed he lips against mine, I was confused to what was happening but I kissed back anyway. I tried to move my hands to her hair but she pinned my hands beside my head. she kissed me harder. her lips moved down to my neck and kissed the spot where the faded hickey was.

"Haley as much as I love this are you okay" I managed to say through the absolute bliss I was going through. she stopped and stood next to me.

"I'm sorry.." she breathed and looked at me. she traced my jawline with her finger.

"I need to tell you something" she said, I nodded my head slowly confused to what she was talking about. "my umm ex is coming back to the school after doing an exchange year In Holland." I was shocked but also a little hurt that she didn't tell me about her. I could tell she was scared so I held her hand and stroked it.

"why is that stressing you out baby?" I asked calmly, she was always there for me so I had to be there for her when she needed it.

"well I'll give you some context. her name is Olivia and we had been dating for 2 years when she left to go to Holland on the exchange year. she cheated on me with some girl called Sarah in Holland, she then tried to twist it to make it seem like it was my fault. when I tried to end it she said she would kill herself If I broke up with her. she kept on cheating on me and got together with Sarah. she then dumped me and for some reason I was heartbroken. I just don't know how she is going to act" she said almost crying, I pulled her in for a hug and left her cry into my shoulder.

"its okay" I repeated as I stroked her hair. we stayed like that for ten minuets before she moved away from me.

"thank you" she said shakily. I planted a kiss on her lips and held her hand and lead her back towards our room.

we were sitting on the airplane and listening to music. our entwined hands sat on my thigh as Haley's head laid on my shoulder. I watched the clouds from outside the window and hummed to the music. I felt Haley move, I turned and faced towards her. I kissed her as she sat up more. she moved her hands to my hair and deepened the kiss. we pulled apart to breath and rested our foreheads against each other. she smiled at me and I smiled back at her.

three days later I arrived at school, It was starting to get cold so I wore some jeans and a cropped jumper. I saw Haley and waved at her she was standing our group of friends and two girls I didn't recognize. as I walked over I saw how uncomfortable she felt, the girls must be Olivia and Sarah. they were speaking Dutch but luckily I know Dutch.

"dag" said to the girls as I grabbed Haley's hand. the girls looked at me and one of them looked shocked. she had short blonde hair and grey eyes, she smirked at me.

"I'm Olivia what's your name hottie?" she asked while extending a hand towards me, I didn't take it.

"My name is Sophie and isn't that your girlfriend?" I asked. she looked over at Sarah and smirked.

"yeah she is" she smirked at me again as I looked away. we all shared an awkward conversation until the bell rang and we had to go to class. Unfortunately, Olivia and Sarah had all of the same classes as Haley and I. in photography we had to show Sarah and Olivia our project so far, it was quite awkward as many of the photos were us kissing.

"so yo guys are dating then" Olivia asked sounding bored, Sarah was sitting on her lap.

"yeah wasn't it obvious?" I awkwardly laughed.

"mmmh cute" she said. we carried on flicking through the project. I asked the teacher to go to the toilet, she said yes as I stood up and left. I felt like today was going on forever. I sat in the cubical and got out my phone to text Haley.

Me

just a message to remind you that its going to be okay and that I love you. its all going to be okay baby xxxxxx

I sent the message and flushed the toilet incase anyone was out there and wondered why I didn't flush the toilet. I washed my hands and dried them when I felt someone garb my waist and hugged me from behind, it didn't feel nice like one of Haley's hugs but hard and rough. the person started kissing my neck harshly. this wasn't Haley.

"stop it" I said as I tried to wriggle free, they tightened their grip on me. they turned me around so we were facing each other as he slammed her lips onto mine.

"stop it" I said louder this time. they didn't stop, I used all my energy and screamed. that's when Haley turned the corner and saw me in Olivia's arm's. she walked over and slapped her in the face, she stepped back and abandoned her grip on me. An evil smirk appeared on Olivias face as she kicked me hard in the stomach.

"your girlfriend is a fantastic kisser" Olivia said as she walked out of the bathroom. Haley bent down and held me in her arms. I cried into her shoulder and I felt numb.

2 weeks later we didn't talk about what happened, we told our group and they protected us against Olivia as Sarah. school went normally, the girls got the idea we didn't want to be around them so they left us alone. one Friday, Haley was at my house helping me pack for our road trip to New York. we finished packing about an hour before we needed to leave. we were hugging on my bed when Haley started to speak.

"are you okay with the whole Olivia thing" she asked whilst planting a kiss on the back of my head.

"I mean not really but at least I have you". the my bedroom door opened...