Ending

i woke up the next day to the other side of the bed being cold. i slowly opened my eyes and looked around the room. where was Haley?
"haley...?" i managed to croakily ask. no answer, i stood up and decided to walk down to the kitchen as i needed water. as i walked down the stairs when i heard voices that i could only recognise as my parents. i stopped in the middle of the stairs as my heart sped up. i was too far down to run back upstairs and not be seen. Haley saw me and signalled for me to come over, i slowly walked down the stairs and into the living room where everyone sat. Haley patted the space on the sofa next to her, i carefully sat down and looked down at the floor.
"why are they here?" i asked Annie as i pulled my jumper sleeves over my hands as Haley rubbed my back sympathetically. Annie smiled softly at me.
"i thought it would be good for us all to have a talk." she paused "do you agree?" i sighed and nodded whilst still looking down at the carpet.
"don't worry Sophie we don't want to be here either" snapped my mother. Annie's soft smiled changed into a straight line. we sat there in silence for a while.
"i wanted to talk about Sophie's situation and more importantly why your so offended by who she loves?" Annie calmly said.
"Sophie was my only daughter, i raised her to be a normal girl when her dad left. she had a new dad and sister and i don't want her to pass on theses sinful thoughts into Audrey. she didn't normal and she is going to hell" My mother said. i thought about Audrey and Zach and how much i loved them. i thought back to day one, how he made me pancakes in the morning, how whenever Audrey got Nutella she was so exited, how my little sister gave me a hug every morning, how my mum called me in paris to asked if Haley wanted to come with us on a road trip to new york and how i saw Zach as my father seeing as he adopted me 2 years ago. my heart broke for the millionth time, I missed Audrey so much.

"Sophie is completely normal, this is how she was born and for the short time I've known her she is an excellent young lady. " Annie argued smiling at me, I tried to smile back as I leant my head against Haley's shoulder. a look of disgust spread across Mary and Zach's face. Zach bent down and got some papers out of his bag. an evil smirk spread across his face as he shuffled the papers in his hands.

"well we won't have to deal with Sophie anymore. these are the papers stating that we disowned her and you need to sign here to state that your now her legal guardian and will look after her until she is 18. no your not adopting her, they can still date but we don't want to deal with her any more." Zach passed the papers over to Annie, we all sat there in shock.

"your actually disowning me?" my voice shook and tears streamed down my face. I thought they where going to get over it, that they just needed time. now I have no family, most of me hated Zach and Mary for doing this but I also felt hurt. the person I was going to miss most was Audrey.

"I want to see my sister" I said quietly breaking the silence.

"what?!" asked Mary.

"I said I want to see Audrey" I said louder this time. Zach and Mary laughed and shook their heads. I wasn't thinking in that moment so I ran. ran out of the house towards the place I had moved into not so long ago. I could hear them calling my name from behind me, I found the spare key and opened the door. sitting in her bedroom was Audrey, I wrapped my arms around her hugging her. she hugged me back not knowing what was going on. I knew I needed to see her again before I died. I ran into my room got out a piece of paper and wrote down this...

hey Audrey,

its big sister here. its a long story but when you 18 and open this locket and call this number *********** and ill explain everything. don't tell mum and dad. I love you.

big sister, Sophie xx

I folded the paper and 'wrote open when your 18' on the fount of it then placed it into an old locket of mine, it fit perfectly as the paper was only small. I ran back into Audrey's room and put the locket on her. I gave her one more hug.

"now Audrey this is goodbye, not forever but for the foreseeable future. I love you with all my heart Audrey" I said whilst crying. I think she kid of understood what was happening and hugged me back and said the wisest thing I think I've ever heard a child say.

"life is like a book and your one would be one of those big big books mummy says I cant read. it would have a pretty cover with pictures on it.it would be the best book on earth and we're only on chapter one, I hope that one day we will finish the book together." she said, I cant believe a three year old said that. I hugged her again when I felt arms grabbed my waist and pick me up dragging me away.

"I love you Audrey" I screamed at Zach carried me out of the room and placed me outside of the house.

"go to hell" he screamed before slamming the door in my face.

15 years later

"that was 15 years ago, I'm now 31 and sharing my story. Haley and I got married and adopted a little girl, we named her Audrey. talking about Audrey, I recently got a call from my little sister and today we're meeting up for coffee. just know no matter what people say you are normal, you are perfect. stay safe and have a lovely life" I said and with that I turned off the camera and uploaded the video to YouTube. Finally, I was sharing my story with the world. Haley kissed my head and gave me a hug. a new chapter of my book was starting and it is going to be an amazing one.

A/N

this is the end of the book, I hope you enjoyed this book. just know that no matter what anyone says you are amazing. stay safe lovely's.

Dedications

to Tegen, my best friend she has supported me through everything. I love you to bits Tegen. thank you for everything, we will always be friends I promise. you've supported me every step of the way in this book and through everything.

to Amber, my best friend of nearly 7 years now. you where one of the first people I came out to, your an amazing person. I love you so much

to Lola, for helping me figure out my sexuality. we've gone through a lot but now were close friends.

all of you thank you for accepting me for who I am, I love you all thank you so much for making the dark parts in my life so much lighter and my life so worth living.

Finally this book is dedicated for everyone who feels like they don't have a voice.