Goodbye, bitbeast (Pt. 1)

"I can't believe we're gonna be 6th years in a couple of months..." Valt mumbled.
"Which means 1 last year before we have to wear uniforms in junior high..." Rantaro sighed.
Daigo simply smiled. "Cheer up guys. 6th year means senior year. We'll practically rule the school."
Wakiya scoffed. "I already rule the school."

The 4 boys all walked through the halls of the school. Due to the semester coming to a close, they've had more free time. But someone was missing.

"Guys! Hey guys!"
The boys all turned around to see a certain albino running towards them. He looked...excited?
Valt approached the red eyed boy, who was smiling brightly.
"My Dad is taking me camping and said I can bring you guys too!" Shu cheered. It was so odd seeing him act like that.
"Your dad is back? And we can camp with you guys?" Valt asked, and Shu nodded.
"I'm down. Sounds like fun." Rantaro stepped up next to Valt.
"Sounds cool. I'm in too." Daigo stepped up.
Wakiya shook his head. "Camping is so cliché. Why not something more exciting? A cruise? A visit to another country? Space?"
"It doesn't matter where we go. As long as we're together."
"That was cliché too, Kurogami."

Shu chuckled at Wakiya and Daigo's interaction. "Also my Dad already told your parents so you can just get gear and come over later! Tell your parents that you're hanging out at my place. Oh! And no electronics! Dad says it's going to be a get away into the wild."
Though Shu still was oddly cheerful, everyone agreed and chatted among themselves, though Shu rushed off somewhere after staying for a couple of minutes. As the friends departed to go home, Daigo couldn't help but feel that something was odd.
~~
Nothing interesting happened as the afternoon rolled into early evening. The beyclub gathered in front of Shu's apartment building, bags and supplies in hands. Even Wakiya came, though he pretended not to look excited. Once Shu came outside with his father, they all piled into a 6 seater van and they drove off. Out of the city.
Daigo sat in the back of the van with Rantaro and Valt sat next to Wakiya in the middle, while Shu had shotgun. Valt was chatting Wakiya's ear off, the blonde wishing he brought some ear plugs.

Daigo was getting sleepy, staring out the window as they headed to the campsite. His eyelids drooped and he struggled to keep them open. Right before he could surrender to sleep though, Rantaro tapped his shoulder.

"Hm...?" Daigo turned to face the blonde with a hazy look.
"I know you were about to sleep but I gotta tell someone about this. And right now you seem like the most reliable person." The boy with the lollipop spoke in a whisper. Guess it was a private conversation, so Daigo responded with a whisper.
"It's fine. Though Shu seems more reliable than me."
Rantaro shook his head. "That's the thing. He seems different somehow. At first I thought it was cause of his old man being in town, but I can't shake the feeling that Shu is acting...weird."
Daigo seemed to perk up at that, forgetting the drowsiness he felt a moment earlier. "I admit that he does seem off. But I wouldn't think about it too much. I know that if my parents came home after months of being overseas, I'd be ecstatic too."
Rantaro sighed, then visibly relaxed.
"Welp, guess you have a point. But it's still odd."
~~
The van finally stopped in front of a pathway to enter the forest. Good thing there was a pathway so they didn't have to wander aimlessly. Wakiya was pushing a snoring Valt off of him and Shu watched from outside the van with a smile.
"Yo Daigo. We're here." Rantaro lightly shook the raven haired boy, who slept peacefully on his shoulder. Some time after their conversation he had accepted sleep and due to some twists and turns from the car ride, Daigo ended up sprawled on Rantaro's arm which the blonde adjusted so he could be comfortable without waking him.
"Hm...?" Daigo opened his eyes slowly and straightened up in his seat with a yawn. "Ah...sorry about that."
"It's cool. Now come on sleepyhead! Time to enter the wild!" Rantaro grinned and then climbed out the van. Daigo chuckled and climbed out too. Wakiya seemed to have gotten Valt out, as the bluenette was looking around curiously.