33

33 - wanted criminals deserve happiness

when we return inside, we dance around a bit more before we get tired and stand on the side lines with syd and dina. we're laughing at a joke from stanley, when he notices whitaker across the room.

"oh god, whitaker's still watching us" he says, frowning. we all turn and see him, not subtly staring. i bet he feels like a cop, but he's no match for my dad.

"probably because of both of the incidents" i nudge stan as we chuckle to ourselves. syd and dina know about what happened with us getting high on school grounds. syd obviously looked after me, whereas dina laughed her lipgloss off.

"they're probably the most exciting things that've ever happened in his life" syd remarks as she crosses her arms.

"mm, i don't know guys. i mean, we're wanted criminals, why are we out here in the open?" stan says, "exposed. first rule of the heist is split the loot and split the fuck up, right? and holy shit, me and ella shouldn't even be seen laughing together, he'll think it's happening again."

"what loot?" dina asks, which makes my palm's sweat that we're hiding another secret from her. but she continues without a second thought. "all we did was disrespect this fine institution.."

"and disrespect ourselves" me and syd say at the same time, to which we and squeeze each other's sides.

i keep watching whitaker when stanley shifts uncomfortably. "oh no. on the principal, i just-i can't. sorry, this playlist is all over the map" he scrunches his face up and makes his way over to the DJ.

i look at the girls beside me and decide to make an escape for them to be alone. "i'll be right back" i say, before smiling at them and walking over to stanley.

"what do you mean you don't know bloodwitch?!" stanley exclaims at the DJ, who's never been so bored out of his mind.

"stan, it's okay" i chuckle as i intertwine our hands.

"i wanted to play you a song" he frowns, but i take him to the dance floor. he seems a little surprised at first, but soon melts into my touch. "may i have this dance, to this fucking awful song?"

"of fucking course you may" i reply just as posh, but he laughs at my unnecessary swearing. we sway together and as cliché as it sounds, this moment feels perfect.

"a few months back, if someone told me i'd be dancing with ella dawson at homecoming, i probably would've laughed and finished my joint" stanley says, to which i giggle.

"oh, me too" i reply, pushing his curls out of his face. "although i'd be finishing homework, not weed. oh, how i've changed."

"and you're okay with it?" he asks.

"hm, am i okay with this? yes, yes i am" i smile at him. because i am, he's changed me for the better. "who would've thought? stanley barber and ella dawson."

"hey, we sound good together" he jokes. "we're good together."

he kisses me quickly before i see a genuine smile on his face. it's the one that i fall in love with everyday because of this warm and fuzzy feeling inside of me. it's like a peach.

"hey, we've been together for at least 2 months now" stanley says, which catches my attention as he's being serious with his serious tone. "but we haven't like, been together. so, arabella, ella or just els-" we chuckle and lean into each other again, "will you, officially, be my girlfriend?"

it's a no brainer. "yes, stan" i squeal a little, "will you, officially, be my boyfriend?"

"uhh, yeah" he laughs before he picks me up by the waist and spins me, but not enough for people to even watch and judge. "i love you-"

"so much" i kiss his lips before hugging him. as i rest my chin in his shoulder, i spot dina and syd dancing together. they look so perfect and i can't wait to find out after tonight what's going to happen with them.

everything's as it should be. but what i didn't realise, is that as soon as mr file took a breath into the microphone, everything will change.

how're you all coping with everything?
UK is officially (hehe) on lockdown and it's kinda crazy so now we're all in the same boat pretty much
i love you all, stay safe x x