fs: 2

2nd of the filler series:
when the nurse looks away

my wrist is killing me so much. i'm still in shock from what happened a few hours ago in the bowling alley; discovering syd's powers and managing to fracture my wrist in the process.

i've been lying in my hospital bed for half an hour so the nurse can keep an eye on me before i can go home. my dad's still sat in the waiting room, probably asleep as it's almost 2am.

i was about to doze off to sleep when there was a knock at the door. i mumble a 'come in,' to expect the nurse. but instead, it's stanley, in the matching uniform i'm still sporting. he's got his checkered jacket over the top as he peers at me.

"stan?" i ask, attempting to sit up. he comes in, shuts the door quietly and stops me from trying to move.

"els" he says as he kisses my forehead. i scoot over so he can lie down beside me. he's careful of my arm and allows me to rest it on him slightly. "i'm so sorry, i didn't think syd was gonna do that. i didn't expect it but you should always expect the unexpected with super powers. such a rookie error!"

"it's okay, stan" i sigh, letting my fingers caress his arm lightly. "it's gonna be okay, it's just a fracture."

"still. i shouldn't have let it happen-"

"don't blame yourself" i turn my face to his, wiping a small tear from his eye. "i moved away from you because i was scared. you didn't know that i went, therefore the blame's on me-"

"and me-"

"and syd" i exhale, leaning my head on his shoulder as his head rests against mine. "it's her destruction, your words and my actions. that's all."

his arm curled around my shoulder as he cuddled in the bed. the moonlight danced upon the clean sheets, acting as our light. i felt safe with stan as i always do, although that could've changed this afternoon.

"how'd you get here? my dad definitely wouldn't want people seeing me" i ask.

"i might've snuck in behind some old lady" he mumbles "she had big, crazy curly hair. it was too easy."

i chuckle against his chest and start to yawn. "you know i'm tired, stan."

"i can go-"

"please don't" i give him puppy dog eyes and pout slightly. he smiles and pecks my lips quickly before snuggling back. "we'll see how syd is tomorrow."

"she looked pretty fucking shaken up" stanley says, absentmindedly rubbing my arm with his thumb. "after your dad came, i tried to talk to her to calm her down. but she balled her hands into fists and ran away."

"i feel awful for her" i say "having powers or mind abilities or whatever the fuck they are, it must be a lot of pressure to try and control them all the time."

"and that's why we're gonna help" stan says, enthusiasm lacing his words.

"try and help" i correct him. "we've never had to deal with supernatural abilities, we're teenagers for christ's sake! however-"

"however, my research on superpowers-"

"your comic book collection" i correct him again making us chuckle. "it could help us."

"yep" he kisses my temple as my eyes start to droop. i let them, as stan continues to hold me and be my rock through all of this. i doze off when i feel him kiss my forehead again.

but when i wake up, he's gone.

"i've cleared you to go home" the nurse says by the window. "your father's waiting. how is this window open?"

...

stanley.

yoooo
today i cut my hair and made banana bread. i'm getting the hang of this quarantine stuff
requests can be maaaade btw x x