25

it had already passed a week. soobin's breathing was more stable now, so dr. jung told him that tomorrow he would be able to go home.

❝we have some days left before winter break ends. as you'll be discharged tomorrow... i was thinking of going stargazing,❞ yeonjun suddenly blurted out.

soobin drifted his attention from the book he was reading to the male who was sitting next to him.

❝what?❞ answered with a small smile, making him look like a bunny. a cute one.

❝yeah, let's go stargazing i will prepare everything. my rooftop is quite cool i would say,❞ he put his arm around the younger.

❝by the way, happy birthday.❞ yeonjun took a bracelet from his pocket.

both of them were sitting on the hospital bed. yeonjun came today because he didn't want soobin being alone.

soobin's parents were now out of town because of work. the young male was lucky that he was already eighteen and all the hospital paperwork didn't depend that much on his parents.

he just needed their signs and their authorization for him to be able to leave the hospital.

soobin smiled even bigger at the sight of the boy next to him with the bracelet on his hand. how lucky was he, right? 

❝okay. let's go stargazing.❞ 

❝home sweet home,❞ the older male opened the door and let soobin enter into his apartment. 

the younger let a small 'thanks' and let his things on the floor, next to the sofa. 

❝this midnight, you and i on the rooftop, looking up at the stars,❞ yeonjun said while hugging soobin from behind and kissing his neck.

did soobin completely fall in love with yeonjun? yes, he did. 

but falling in love doesn't mean being able to be with each other.

it was already midnight and the boys got ready. yeonjun took some blankets, his polaroid, and a lantern.

they went up to the older's rooftop and gasped at how beautiful the night looked. the stars were visible, which was weird considering that they lived in a city.

they laid one of the blankets on the floor while the other was being used to cover them up.

❝soobin.❞ 

snap

the polaroid had been shot. yeonjun giggled at the younger's shocked expression and ruffled his hair. 

they waited for the picture to come out. soobin placed his hands on his face, thinking that he wouldn't look good.

❝don't cover your beautiful face soobin. see? it came out nice,❞ yeonjun wrapped his arm around soobin's waist.

the black-haired male took the photograph and stared at it with glossy eyes. he looked so happy in this. he placed his head on the older's shoulder and smiled, looking up to the night sky full of stars.

yeonjun took out a pen he had on his pocket and wrote down the date:

12월 6일 2019년.
(6th, december 2019).

and he added a post scriptum.
(aka p.s)

ps: 영원히 함께. 
(together forever)

❝soobin! look! a shooting star. make a wish,❞ yeonjun said excitedly pointing at it. 

i wish to be by your side.

because choi yeonjun, i'm deeply in love with you.

❝done,❞ soobin smiled widely at the other male.

there are parallel universes out there where this didn't happen.
where i was with you and you were with me. and whatever universe that is, that's where my heart lives in.

⭐︎

❝hyung!❞ soobin came running to hug yeonjun.

❝hey soobinnie,❞ the older smiled and hugged him back.

❝are you feeling better? i remember your mother saying that you had a cold,❞ the older ruffled soobin's hair making the other pout.

❝this is choi soobin you're talking about. i'm unstoppable,❞ he started running all over the garden with his arms extended as if they were wings.