~Chapter 63~

*Michael's Point Of View*

I've been waiting weeks for his call. I've been waiting countless hours, for my heart to stop thumping. I've waited many days, just glancing constantly at my cellphone, but no call. I'm nervous as Hell. I was confident I had this in the bag. L.A. Reid told me himself that I make a great candidate. To make matters worst, Marilyn wants to have this talk, again. The whole situation about the DNA test has long left my mind, but I know it's only fair she receives the answers she needs, so that we may move on. 

Moving on, that's another thing that has been burdening me a bit. Sometimes I find myself foreshadowing on my past. The man thing's my family and I have went through. Jasmine was raped, my son was heart broken, my wife had a miscarriage, I cheated, my mistress gave birth to twins, my wife's ex-boyfriend tried to kill me, we've been through a lot. 

With every trial we have been through, somehow we made it through. When I look back at the passivity from those situations I can honestly feel relieved. Look at Jasmine, a freshman in high-school and already finding ways to cope with her unfortunate situations by hosting a Never Silent support group for victims of the same crime. Jasmine has also found trusting friends she can depend on for emotional support, and I think she has found a new guy interest, I'm still investigating that one.

On the other hand, Brandon still trails around like a lost puppy, even in his new environment. He loves his new university and is exceeding in his classes, but he complains a lot about still loving David. I have come to realize that I cannot stop my son for loving David, it's impossible, but I do give my best advice in moving on from him.

In addition to that, my many other strides in life came in many different gifts that I am very proud of, when Marilyn had a miscarriage, we were all broken, but two years later we would receive another chance with Jordyn, and now another baby on the way. Also, I was blessed with two identical additions, Kadence and Katelyn. Though it was from my deceit, I still feel blessed to have them.

All in all, my life is full of wonderful, meaningful blessings. I just hope my blessings continue, maybe in the form of a new client, hopefully.

"Michael, Please come and sit down" Marilyn sighs from behind me.

I stare at the screen a little longer before obeying.

I am still waiting on this call, I don't know what I will do if I don't get Alicia as my client. I will be devastated, more so heartbroken.

"Papa, I don't want you worrying yourself crazy about this. He will call you. I'm sure Mister Reid is just a very busy man" Marilyn convinces.

"I don't know... He can hire anybody in the world, what makes you think he would want to work with me? Maybe it's because I've been in the media way too many time to count? What if he did-"

She places her index finger over my lips.

"You're worrying way too much. Just have faith in yourself. Thing's will work out Michael" She soothes, caressing my jawline with her thumb.

"You have all the answers huh?" I joke, taking her hand and pecking it softly.

She giggles lightly and shrugs.

"I don't know about all of the answers, but I have a pretty select few" She teases.

I playfully roll my eyes and exhale deeply.

I love this woman more than she knows, sometimes I wish I could give her the world on a silver platter and bask in her grace. I know how much she tries to constantly be supportive of me and my career as well as my decisions. We may bump heads from time to time, but I believe it's out of respect of our love.