2

Callen's pov:
At the moment I am directing Sam to one of my three safe houses in la. I may have never told anyone about them but that's the point of having a safe house, at least that's how I am seeing it. The two kiddos were pretty ecstatic to see Sam coming home earlier as well of seeing me once again after a few days. It really fills my heart with joy and even more love towards them whenever I see them. Not only that but also the fact that they see me as their uncle and therefore as part of their family. And as someone who has been growing up without a family, not even close to anything like it. it is the best feeling in the world to belong to a family now. Sam and his kids have never ever made me feel like I don't belong to their family, quit the opposite to be honest. They never have gotten tired of telling me that I am as much a part of their family as they themselves are.
„Ok, thats it. You can park up front." I instruct Sam while pointing towards the house. His quick indrawn breath lets me look over towards him while the kids look pretty happy about the place they are going to stay at for some time.
„That house must have been pretty pricey! Especially in that area!" sam says still in shock it seems.
„It wasn't that expensive to be honest. Why don't we get in so I can show you around?" I tell him with a shrug of my shoulders. Yes it wasn't cheap, but for the location it still was a decent price I guess. Other than that, I knew I wanted a safe house away from everything and everyone, as well as a pretty guarded and big enough one, so sam along with his family would be able to stay with me here as well.
„Ok, Kamran i would say that could be your room." I tell a still very excited toddler before opening the first door on the upstairs. Her happy squeal lets me think that she approves of that room. I mean I hoped so, after all I had it furnished and decorated with her in mind.
„Thank you uncle G!" she happily says while hugging her tiny body into my feet. Smiling softly at her cuteness, I quickly scoop her up and hug her again.
„You are very welcome Love." i say and Kiss her cheek softly.
„So do you want to see your room next?" I ask towards Aiden who immediately nods at me with sparkling eyes.
„Alright, then why don't you try this door?" I ask him while nodding to the door opposite of Kamrans. Within a second he has thrown the door open and looks around with wide eyes. Not sure if he likes it as well, since till now he hasn't said anything about it. Maybe I should of asked him how he would like the room to look beforehand, but since no one should know about this house it wasn't really a possibility to do so. When I suddenly feel a small body crash into me, I finally get out of my worried thoughts and instead look towards Aiden who is now cuddling me closely.
„Thanks for the room uncle G. I really love it!" he tells me a bit shy but happy none the less. Relieved that he does like his room as well. i pick him up, just like I had done earlier with his sister and kiss his cheek as well.
„You are more than welcome Buddy!" i tell him just happy I had done something right.
„Well, since the kids are all set. How about I show you your room next?" I ask Sam. Not getting a reply from him irritates me a bit, so I turn around to see him looking into the two kid rooms with glassy eyes.
„Sam?" I ask him softly. Not wanting the kids to think something might be wrong with their dad.
„You really didn't needed to do this for them." he says a bit chocked up, a small tear running down his left cheek.
„I know, but I wanted to. Honestly, I am just happy that they like it." I answer him with a shy smile. I mean, I know that I didn't had to do this, but I just wanted to make sure that they feel comfortable around here.
„Thank you!" he whispers and pulls me into a tight hug.
„Come on, it's time to show you your room now." I say and show him to the room next to kamrans. It's not really special or anything like that, pretty basic even I would say. A bed, a reading chair and a small desk to the side, along with a walk in dressing room and a bathroom. I also know that Sam isn't much of a fan of crazy colors so I made sure that I used a lot of muted tones around here. So a few tones of grey a bit of cream and a few small navy blue accents around. It looks nice with the wooden bed and desk, so I do hope that he likes it as well.
„G! That's incredible." sam whispers with wide eyes.
„You really shouldn't of spent so much money on us. But I am really thankful for it!" he adds with a thankful smile.
„It's the least I could do. You guys have taken me into your family. So it's only fair that i try to make you guys feel welcomed and comfortable around here." I tell him a bit uncomfortable of putting my feelings out there in the open.
„That's really nice of you, still you didn't had to. Family sticks together, and as long as we all are together I am pretty sure we could of stayed in a tent and be happy." he says and slightly bumps my shoulder.
„So, where are you going to stay?" he questions interested, so I quickly point to the room opposite of his.
„Its pretty much the same as yours. The only difference is that instead of the navy blue I have some greens around there." I say and open the door so he can look around. After some more time, the most of it spent in between the kids rooms, I decided to show them the ground floor as well as the basement with the panic room and the garden. Let's just say the kids were pretty thrilled when they have seen the pool with the poolside. So since there wasn't anything else we could of been doing, Sam decided to man the grill while the kids went swimming.