9

Callen's pov:
An annoying ringing wakes me up from my deep sleep. Slowly leaving gibbs arms and instead reach towards my phone that keeps on ringing.
„Callen!" i answer pretty tired and slightly irritated who might call at 3am!
„I am sorry to call to such a late or early time sir, there is however a woman at the gate who wants to be allowed to drive to your home." a security guard from the community says in apology.
„Okay, I don't expect any visitors but may I talk to her real quick?" I ask not really knowing who might is waiting there.
„Of course sir!" he says before handing the phone to the woman.
„Callen, hey! I know that must be a surprise but I thought the two of us may should talk. I am guessing that you want to get some answers." jo says softly. I am really surprised that it's her but on the other hand pretty relieved that I might get some answers now. Even though it is really unnerving that she knows where my safe house is located at.
„Alright, can you hand the phone back to the security guard?" I ask her to quickly allow them to wave her through the gate.
After that was done, I slowly and quietly get out of the bed, trying really hard not to wake up gibbs while doing so.
When I closed the door behind me, I see Sam already waiting at the stairway for me.
„I heard your phone and wanted to make sure that you are alright." he whispers as to not wake anyone else up in this household.
„Jo is standing down by the security. She wants to talk with me so she is coming over. Can you stay up here?" I tell him in explanation. Knowing him he definitely wants to come downstairs with me, but he also knows that this is important to me.
„I stay right here, just to be safe!" he tells me with finality.
„Thanks!" I say before quickly getting downstairs to open the door. I definitely don't want for her to ring the doorbell, that would wake up the kiddos and that would be just unacceptable!!
So I open the door, deciding to wait up front for her. The night is still warm, so I take a seat on the front door steps and wait for jo, ready to finally get some answers.
„Hello Callen." jo says with an unsure smile.
„Hey. If it is alright with you, I would like to talk outside." I tell her while making a hand gesture for her to take a seat on the steps as well.
„i am sorry that i hurt you. Well with my appearance, that is." she says in apology and I have to say that I honestly believe her.
„You did nothing wrong." I sigh in answer not wanting for her to feel sorry.
„Gibbs hadn't told you about me nor the team. I should of known right away and therefore not call him." she starts to say. I try to open my mouth and stop her, but she only holds up her hand to ask me to keep on listening.
„He loves you! Always told me about you and how amazing you are. That's why your name rung a bell in my head. But since we were on a mission I needed to make absolutely sure that you were who i thought you were!" she goes on to explain. And yes, i do understand where she is coming from! When you are on a mission you always need to be 100% sure of everything otherwise it could get you and your team killed.
„I get what you mean. And like I said already, you did nothing wrong. It's just." I say but stop not knowing how to finish that sentence.
„It's just that gibbs hasn't told you about me. About the team he once was a part of." she finishes for me with understanding. I do have to say that she is absolutely nothing like she was at the club! She seems more like a normal young woman that seems to be really sweet and caring.
„We promised to have no secrets from each other. And apparently that promise wasn't important enough for him to hold." I tell her a bit in resignation. It still hurts a lot!
„That's because I asked him to not tell. The team is still in order for about a month and then he would of told you." she tells me with a shrug.
„Why is your team going out of order? I thought you guys are one of the best if not the best delta group out there?" I ask her surprised and shocked all at once.
„Because I want to have a normal life, I have done what I always wanted to! Make sure that the country I love is well protected. But now, I have a new dream, a bigger and much more meaningful one." she says with a small smile and a hand on her belly.
„You are pregnant." i state the obvious but she only looks at me in shock.
„Am I right?" I ask since she didn't answer.
„Yeah, but no one knows till now. So please keep it to yourself for now." she pleads with red cheeks. I only nod at her in reply.
„BABY!" I hear gibbs shouting from upstairs in slight panic.
„Guess he realized that I sneaked out." I say with a shake of my head.
„I hope he hasn't woken up the kiddos or I murder him!" I mutter with an afterthought.
„Kiddos?" jo asks me with wonder in her deep brown eyes.
„Sam's kids, the guy who was with me in the club. He is my best friend, my brother, so the kids mean the world to me as well." I tell her with a wide smile with the kids in my mind.
„Babe! What are you doing out here?" gibbs questions before realizing that jo was sitting next to me as well.
„Jo? What is going on here?" he asks even more irritated.
„I called him and asked for a meeting, since I wanted tell him to not blame you for not telling him. It was my fault so I needed to clear that up." jo tells him with a shy smile.