Part 21

Info

L/N= last name
Y/N= your name
N/N= nick name
E/C= eye colour
H/C= hair colour
* more might be added later*

Y/N  p.o.v

Todoroki got comfortable on the concrete step and focused his gaze towards me. I tsk'd at the boy and turned my head to the side, he was the last person I wanted to talk to right now. Not only did we have a mutual disliking towards each other but the fact that he showed up because his father forced him to was what irritated me.

"I know I'm probably not the best person to be of comfort." His voice sounded emotionless as usual, in my head I pictured him with that emotionless stare to match the voice. I hated every second of this, I don't want him with me right now, and I'm hoping if I ignore him for a bit more he would take his leave.

"Nice night." Was all the male said, I still chose to ignore him, hoping he would get the hint.

"Nice weather too." I started to get annoyed as a tick grew on my forehead and my teeth clenched. What was this guys problem?

"Nice-"

"What do you want?! Don't you get it I don't want to talk to you, so why won't you leave?" I raised my voice at him making our eyes connect for a second before plying them away. The boy next to me let out a sigh before pausing.

"Did you mean what you said to my father?" there was a pause in his voice as he was trying to think of what to say. "That day at the festival?" I internally cursed hoping that the universe would aid me in abiding this topic.

"You were listening?" I asked him, I know I have no say since I heard his whole life story, but I can't let him know.

"Yes. I was walking around the halls when I heard my father speaking to you, I was about to leave but I heard him talk to you, I'm sorry I eavesdrop" he explained how he heard my conversation with his father.

"I see." I told him dryly. I leaned back with my arms holding my body up as I let out a sigh. "Yeah I meant everything, I'll even say it to him again." It was silence that was bestowed upon us, to which neither of us had no clue as to what to say.

"Thank you" he spoke softly but loud enough for me to hear. My eyes grew in realization that Shoto Todoroki said thank you. "I've realized now I was in the wrong and that I jumped to conclusions."

Wow. Did not think he had to balls to admit he's wrong.

"I was hoping... maybe we could start over?"

"Start over?" I asked turning my head to look at him.

"Yes, as friends." He shortly replied.

"Friends? What happened to 'I'm not here to make friends'" I quoted him with air quotes. He looked at me and gave me a small pure smile, one I haven't seen since I've known him. His smile shone bright and was purely filled with genuine happiness. My cheeks turned red at how handsome he looked with the curve of his mouth facing upwards.

"Someone taught me it's okay to have friends" he looked into the distance fondly with his small smile gracing his lips. I smiled in return and nodded my head.

"A new start it is then" I agreed.

-

The day everyone returned back to school I was once again outcasted, I could feel the others wanting to approach and talk to me yet they weren't too sure if they should keep their distance. I'm pretty sure the whole class tuned in to watch the memorial service. So I sat back in my chair trying to make myself as comfortable as I could, I hated every second of this.