11 | OOF.

I hate people.

After rushing out of the classroom, the tension in the air beginning to choke her, (Y/N) managed to find a quiet hallway to cry in. Okay, maybe not cry, exactly, but something close to it. All she had wanted to do was tell her friends, her best friends, that she had managed to watch Nyan Cat for ten hours straight, a feat that she knew not many had accomplished.

Instead, she got yelled at, sworn at, and was repeatedly insulted. But at least she knew that her former apprehension to hang out with the group did have a reason.

Originally, (Y/N) had only grown close to the Bakusquad because Denki—also known as her best friend and partner-in-crime since middle school—had grown fond of its members, begging her to tag along on their adventures. At the time, (Y/N) had been extremely wary of Katsuki due to his aggression towards Midoriya and the rest of their classmates, so she strongly avoided them. Eventually, however, the electric blonde won her over, and she soon found herself surrounded by the group constantly.

She was added into group chats.

She got to understand their inside jokes.

She joined in on their movie nights.

And finally, she got close to Katsuki.

...Somewhat.

While they were on a first name basis, there still seemed to be a sort of wall between the two. Yes, when necessary, he did make a point to defend her from Mineta's antics and such. However, whenever something went wrong (ex. his hoodie went missing), nine times out of ten he would place the blame on her, no matter if she had an alibi or not (ex. she had actually been with Denki at the time it was stolen). He did this when someone had eaten his cereal, and ended up eating her favorite ice cream in turn. He did this when someone had taken one of his All Might figures, and nearly blew up her Sir Nighteye bobblehead. He did this when someone had placed cups of water all over his bedroom floor, and proceeded to chase her around the dorms.

The last one had been her, of course, but he still blamed her for it without having any good proof. And true, (Y/N) was notorious for stealing others' food, but that was only at the dinner table, and absolutely never with cereal nor any of Katsuki's food in general. The explosive male just always seemed to have it out for her.

By this point, she was used to turning her misfortunes into humorous situations. She forced herself to endure Katsuki's fiery mood swings. She forced herself to endure getting blamed constantly for things she didn't do, and the rest of the group—minus Denki, of course, unless she had actually done it—jumping onto the bandwagon. She was used to the concept of failure, of loss, of feeling exhausted even though her Quirk should've made that impossible.

Overall, she was used to working slightly harder than everyone else on her quest for validation that yes, she was doing the right thing. No, this is not all a huge mistake. They all like you, don't worry.

Except guessing by how that group chat turned out, that couldn't have been farther from the truth. They merely tolerated her prescence. But even that, it seemed, was enough for her.

Ah, such a fragile thing the human heart can be. Truly. Just a few words, and BAM! She falls into the deepest despair as salty tears leak from the windows of her soul. She thought she was stronger than this, but in reality, she wasn't even close.