2

As much as Sophia despised the idea of working at her brother's office, there still was a hint of exitment hidden under the frown. The excitment wasn't kept hidden for a very long because a smile was already lingering around her lips at the time she left her room. The first place she went was her parents' bedroom. To greet them and wish them a goodbye before she leaves for the first day of her work. 

She stopped her run just before her parents' room arrived. She adjusted her lightblue shirt with white horizontal strips, which was tucked in her white pants. She knocked on the door twice and entered in when she heard her mother say a mild 'yes'.  Roy, her father, was talking on his phone and was facing his back to the door, whilst Lana was combing her hairs infront of the mirror. They both turned to look at their daughter when she entered.

Roy excused himself  from the call and put his phone down. Smiling fondly at Sophia, he walked up to her and put his hand on her head as if giving her his blessings. He said, ''Look at you, all dressed up off to work.'' His emotional fatherly instincts were waking up. 

Sophia giggled as she looked up at him with bright eyes.

''That's nice,'' Lana's said and came standing beside her husband, ''You're nicely dressed I see. I expect that everyday though,'' Lana had bought a dozen full shirts and pants, all formals. She really did take this internship seriously and was expecting so much from her daughter.

''I should leave,'' Sophia said, ''Can't be late on the first day of work,'' Roy nodded and let her go. Sophia wished them a goodbye and left their room. 

Rolling the car keys around her index finger, she walked down the stairs humming a song softly. She stopped mid stairs and stared out of the window down the floor when she saw a car being parked out in the yard. Soon enough, two tiny almost three years olds came out runnig from the car, laughing and jumping. Right after a moment, Pearl, their mother too came out of the car shouting for her kids to not to run like that or else they'll hurt themselves. 

Sophia smiled widely at the sight of her little nephews and her elder sister. She ran down the stairs and hugged both her little nephews as she kneed down on the floor. Dev and  Dhruv were the kid's names. They were both red haired, hazel eyes and oval shaped little munchkins. Always so bubbly and happy. 

Sophia kissed both their cheeks and let them go. She then looked up at her sister and smiled. 

''Hey, Soph. Is Lana and dad  upstairs?'' Pearl asled. When Sophia nodded, she looked at her boys playing around in the living room. She shouted, ''Kids, Momma is going out with your aunt. Please go to Grand ma and Grand dad's room.'' The kids shouted in agreement a loud 'Okay mommy' and ran up the stairs.  

''But... I'm going to the office. Sorry I can't come with you Pear—" Before Sophia could finish her sorry statement, Pearl cut her off by grabbing her hand and pulling her towards her car. ''Pearl, did you not hear me. I'm going to the S-Group. Its the first day of my job Pearl, I don't want to be late. Pearl!'' Sophia kept on ranting. 

Pearl finally let her go once they reached her car. She put both her hands on Sophia's shoulders, ''Alright calm down. Sophia, I'll be dropping you off to work today. Get inside,'' She pushed Sophia gently and guestured her to sit.

Sophia shook her head smiling at her sister and sat in the front seat as her older sister told her to. taking a relaxing breath, she exhaled slumming into the seat. The first two minutes were a complete silence. But Pearl broke it starting of a conversation. 

''What's in your bag,'' She asked guesturing towards Sophia's purse.

''Oh in this... Just some papers Miles wanted me to sign. A few decorative items for the desk I'll be sittting on. Markers, pens and my camera,'' She emphasized the last part proudly.