9

''The annual summer picnic of S-Groups is always memorable and fun,'' Josh exclaimed happily as he chewed on his chocolate cookies. Crumble of cookie falling onto his white, plus size shirt. Him not caring about the mess he was making.

Josh and Sophia were at the café at a Sunday evening. The café was at an open roof, above the ground level. The sun was slowly settling down, yet a hint of orange was visible where it sunk into the ocean bed. The days were usually warm and sweaty but the twilight carried soft and cold breeze.

''Hm, really?'' Sophia asked sharing a glance with Josh above the coffee mug which covered half her face as she took long sips from it. Sophia wasn't on a date or anything with Josh. The three of the friends, these two and Troy decided to have a meet at the café as it was a Sunday. A holiday. Their friend, Tara couldn't join as she had a cold. Sophia secretly wished for Tara to get well back soon as she wanted a good feminine company at the trip.

Josh nodded. ''Its Miles who decides the location, destination, picnic spot or whatever it is.''

''Really?'' Sophia chuckled and looked around. Miles was a sporty kid in his school and college days, she harks back to the past. He also liked adventure. His attitude towards his hobbies disappeared as soon as he crosses the threshold into his father's business. Maybe that is why he arranges such trips, so that he can relish a bit of his young days.

''Miles must be the most ecstatic one on the trips,'' Sophia muttered staring at an old couple. They were wearing matching clothes and were laughing contagiously. Sophia smiling along at their sweetness.

''- picnics ...''

''I'm sorry what?'' Sophia asked when she only heard the last part of Josh's statement. Sophia had an attention of a goldfish, could be distracted easily.

''I said, Miles never joins us on the picnics,''

Sophia frowned. Her elbow rested on the table and head tucked into her palm ''what?''

''Yup. You think someone like Miles Syde could think about anything but work?'' He snorted out a laugh and looked away. He spotted his friend who'd just arrived and started looking around for familiar faces. Josh shouted his friend's name and waved. Troy also spotting his pair of friends and jogged towards them. He gave them a lame excuse of the stupid traffic and sat beside Josh, opposite to Sophia.

The moment Sophia caught a sight of Troy's face, she felt a little nervous. She recalled how he helped her the other day. How she felt so relaxed and safe when he embraced her in his arms at the coffee room as she suffered from a migraine encounter. Or how he took care of her at her brother's order without having any second thoughts.

''you any better now?'' she snapped out of the trance and nodded hysterically at Troy's concerned voice. He stared at her with affectionate eyes. His plain blue V-neck t-shirt matching the dark sky. The curls were a little messy interrupting his vision. But his lips formed the signature smirk of his as he leaned away.

''I'm perfectly fine,'' she gave him a tight smile. ''Uh- Troy ...'' she stuttered. When she had his attention- and of the one sitting beside him supposedly, she said, ''thank you for helping me.'' She said genuinely.

Troy shrugged and smiled showing his perfect deep dimples. ''You're welcome.''

''So ...'' Josh said, making the two of his friends look at him. ''the dirt is finally out of our company,'' He said referring the malicious man; Ayaan.

''Oh, can you tell me what happened after me and Troy left?'' Sophia asked eagerly.

Josh shrugged and started telling her how Miles was disappointed that all the ladies didn't consult him about the things that were happening... And that it should have been the first thing they must have done. To voice the assault. And meanwhile, Troy ordered himself some cold coffee. The conversation soon shifted upon the trip they were going to attend soon.