10

A quiver ran down her spine when she felt the blanket slid away from her body, no longer providing her any heat to warm her body. A small whimper escaped from her mouth with the discomfort. Sophia could never sleep without a blanket, just like her mother. Eventually, she squinted her open and realised that she was no longer leaning onto her brother but was laying on both the seats, legs curled up and hands tucked under the head. Miles had shifted away when she fell asleep and took another seat to sit on, all without waking her up. Which was pretty surprising because she believed she was a light sleeper. And if Miles had moved or carried Sophia in her sleep without waking her up, then that's a real talent.

Sophia was about to bend her hand down to pick the blanket that fell but a hand appeared and picked it up before she could. Sophia thought it must be Miles. The blanket was spread upon the length of her body again. When she looked up to thank him, she was surprised to find that the person as Troy and not Miles.

''oh- oh sorry. Did I wake you up?'' Troy said in a low voice, mindful that the others in the vehicle were asleep too. His eyebrows raised.

Sophia smiled and sat up, shifting to the window side. She patted the seat beside her, asking Troy to take a seat. Also wrapping herself in the comforter.

''no, I in fact woke up a minute ago,'' she said once he was seated beside her.

''all right,'' he nodded, peaceful silence taking over again.

After the coffee room incident, Sophia and Troy had a sense of understanding amongst each other. A sense of comfort and solace. A sight for sore eyes for each other's distress.

Sophia felt him stare at her so she stared back. He had an amused smile on his face. A grin taking over shortly.

Sophia frowned, ''what is it?''

Troy shook his head and chuckled, ''your hair is a mess,''

Oh of course, Sophia just took almost an hour-long nap. A moving bus- plus a bad hair day that she was having made it worse. Sophia blushed and pulled the hair tie out of her pony tail making her hairs fall on her shoulders and a few strands on her face. She was just combing her hairs with her fingers as the comb was somewhere in her bag which she wasn't going to make any struggles searching for.

"fine?'' Sophia asked turning to Troy. Her hairs now down, bouncing on her shoulders as the bus passed through a bump. A few strands around her eyes. Troy raised his hand and tucked a few strands of hairs behind her ear.

''now it is,''

Both chuckled looking away.

''did you get any sleep?'' Sophia asked him quietly.

''I did,'' he nodded. ''but then you started talking in your sleep which woke me up?''

With a gasp of embarrassment, she said, ''oh god, I'm so sorry. But I can't help it. I'm a sleep talker,'' she buried her head in her kneed which were pulled up on the seat.

Troy muttered that it was all right.

''what did I say?'' she asked curiously raising her head.

''gibberish,''

Both snorted out a laugh. When Sophia was younger, she even used to sleep walk. Henceforth wasn't allowed to sleep alone until she turned 12. Which was also when she stopped sleep walking.

Sophia explained Troy the same.

''sounds terrifying,'' he snorted out.

''I only used to walk downstairs and roam around in the kitchen and living room. Only once tried to open the main door but was unsuccessful. And I even slept on the floor when I was 8 after sleep walking. I was a trouble, awake or not.'' Sophia and Troy laughed.