Chapter 2

Quattro's P.O.V.

'You have to stop obsessing Brother. You haven't slept in a while - I suggest to do so before you hurt yourself. Please? We're all worried about you.' Trey was in the middle of trying to calm me down. He said it in a monotone, calm voice, but I could see through his mask; he was holding in a lot of emotions.

'You don't get it do you? There are people missing right now, and we have no idea where they are and if they're even ok. How can you possibly expect me to just sit around doing nothing?!'

'Quattro.' I turn around to see our eldest brother walking towards me. I took a step forward, standing my ground. His long hair is tied messily and he seems to be in a similar condition to me. 'Go to sleep. Your only being a burden. Wont be very much help to us until you go rest.' Growling, I ball my fists in frustration. I know that they're probably right but I just can't sleep. Not while knowing that my friends could be in danger.

'Whatever. Screw this. I'm going outside.' I huffed trying to get past them - but they were blocking the way out.

'Move outta my way!'

'Quattro. Calm down.'

'Boys. Let him go.' a voice says from above. The short figure that emitted the words was standing at the top of a staircase, peering keenly. They started trying to reason with then, but I left before they could say anything much.

There's a full moon out tonight, with cool air and a nice breeze to match. I always loved this weather... I don't know why but it just makes me feel a sense of calm, at least for a little while. I didn't really pay attention to where I was going, but eventually I made it around the city to the waterfront. the moons reflection was putting me into a trance as I stared silently at it. It was around 12am, but there was still a hum of traffic behind me. I heard a strange sound behind me, and I turn around.

'Who's there? Hello?' I hear laughing and someone walks out of an alleyway. It was a deep, unsettling laugh - making it pretty hard for me to remain calm. The man was wearing a cloak, but I could still see some of his features. He looked around 26, strong, but not at the same time, if that even makes sense.

'Who are you exactly? What do you want?' I repeat, my voice rising slightly.

'Hmm? Oh me. Nobody of importance. I just want a simple chat... maybe a duel if we have time.' He chuckles again.

I narrow my eyes untrustingly and raise my duel disk. Whatever he's up to must not be good.

'Oh? And what may you be wanting to talk about?' I glance around, checking if were alone. I doubt this man has any friends nearby, but I just want to make sure.

'A couple things... ah but where shall I start?' Taking a couple steps closer to me, he brandishes his duel disk. I am begining to feel a bit more nervous. I can sense a dark aura surrounding him. 'Your Michael Arclight correct?'

I recoil a bit in surprise. Why would he be asking about Trey? What's going on?

'Why are you asking?' Its now his time to narrow his eyes. He must have realized I'm not going to start answering his questions anytime soon, so a few seconds later; he shot a familiar red beam of light at my arm, locking me into a duel. The burst of red explodes, making it official - neither of us are leaving until this ends. Stepping back a few paces, i'm caught off guard. Its been a while since I've seen Duel Anchors, and everytime I see them they only cause trouble.

Whoever this man is, he's certainly someone to fear.