Chapter 4

Rio's P.O.V.

I decide to walk around near the water front. A lot of things have went down over there the past few years but the waves tend to calm me. As I get closer, I hear people talking nearby. Curious, I hide behind a building and peak around the corner. Barely being able to see, I walk forward. Even though I can't see what's going on, I see a flash of brightly colored clothing as the person wearing it is backing up unsteadily. When I get close enough to make out what's going on better, I see a darkly dressed figure standing across from the person I noticed earlier. They were obviously dueling, but why at this time of night is unknown. Turning my gaze back to my brightly dressed peer, I see him breathing shakily as he goes to hold his damaged arm. His clothes are ripped and he seemed to struggling to stay in this. Even though his hair is covering his face, I can still see a faint scar going down his right cheek. Gasping, I recognized him.

'Q-Quattro?' Not even turning to look at me, he said his response.

'You shouldn't be here. It's not safe.'

'What? But I cant leave y-' I was walking even closer towards him as I said this, but he pushed me away.

'I've already hurt you before. I'm not going to again.' Those words chilled me to the core - I could feel all the emotion and regret in his voice. But just when I was about to retaliate back, a dark chuckle made us turn our attention back to the mysterious opponent.

'Shall we continue?'

Quattro grit his teeth and snarled. He motioned for me to stay away. I did it begrudgingly, and my eye turned a deeper shade of red to signify that I could see the duel now. The life points weren't in the young champions favor, which could only be expected with how he looked. 450 - 2400. He still seemed level headed but I could see the slightest bit of desperation in his eyes.

'Who's turn is it now? Oh right... It was mine.' Quattro says as he draws a card. He looked at it then me, and I could understand what he was trying to tell me. I nodded and stepped back a few more paces. On the field, he has several monsters now - two level four monsters, one level 8 and he just drew another one. Smirking tiredly, he starts summoning Gimmick Puppet of Leo by sacrificing the two level 4's making a level 8 and tributing the two level 8's. Just finished announcing his play, he was interrupted by an activation of a trap, destroying all cards used to summon a monster. That means that he now has no monsters on the field.

The next couple seconds went by like a blur for me. With no move left, Quattro ends his turn and my heart sinks.

'You played well. You fought valiantly... but now it's time to answer my questions. Tell me. Your name isn't Michael is it?'

'What do you want with my little brother.'

'Oh you know. Deep within, deep within your heart, you know what I want. After all - your dear father told you each a secret didn't he?' I saw a wave of understanding go through Quattro as he narrows his eyes defensively.

'Im to never tell anyone. Nevermind anyone like you.'

'Im going to assume that you choose the hard way of handling this? Fine by me. I'll know eventually. Sooner of later.' He smiled evilly and drew a card. Not even needing to look at it, he ordered his monster to attack his life points. I swallowed sharply and looked at its attack points - 5300. This is going to hurt. Whatever that monster is, it's scary. I've never seen one like it before. How's it even that strong?!

I couldn't hear the name of the card as right when he said it, the beast shot massive missiles straight towards Quattro. I couldn't do anything but stand frozen in fear. Quattro was kneeling on one knee as he was already near collapsing. Everything went in slow motion as I scream his name. Tears fell down my cheeks as he was thrown up into the air. There was a small explosion and my eye turned to it's normal coloring as I start running towards him.

'Heh heh, goodbye... for now.' The man in the cape laughs and turns to walk away.