2 - Flour

The next morning I woke up stuck to my bed with Justin's arm on my stomach and his face snuggled into my chest. 

I enjoy mornings like this, everything is calm and quiet like you have all the time in the world. 

I close my eyes hoping to fall asleep again only for the sound of a screeching alarm to pierce through the air. 

"Ugh sorry, that's me." Justin groans not making any move to turn it off. 

"So turn it off." I start pushing at his head.

Eventually, he lifts himself off me and goes to turn the terrible ringing off. I roll over and move to the edge of the bed before sitting up, I stretch slightly before moving towards the bathroom in the hall. 

After a very long shower, I find myself alone in my room while Justin is in the kitchen making himself some coffee. 

I stare at myself in my long mirror before turning sideways and lifting my shirt up.  I gently started prodding my stomach, it was never really flat before so even if I did have some sort of bump would I really be able to tell? 

As I'm about to inspect my stomach at different angles I hear Justin yell for me from the kitchen, I take one last look before walking out to meet him.

"Come here for a sec." He beckons me over to the sink where he's washing his cup. 

"What's up?" I walk over putting my arms around his waist from the side. 

He leaves the cup to dry before turning to me looking serious. 

"I have to go, but I want you to know I really enjoyed yesterday and this morning."

"I had a good time too. Is everything okay?" He has an odd look on his face, one I've never seen before. 

"I just wanted, I needed you to know that, and that I appreciate you and love you so much." He pulls me closer to his body, resting his chin on my head. 

"Well, I love you too." I press a kiss into his chest.

We just stay there for a moment, but I can't help but feel something is up. 

"Though I love hugs in my kitchen for no apparent reason, you did say you had to go." I pat his chest.

I walk with him to the door, once his shoes are on he pulls me into his arms and kisses me like the world is ending.

Justin pulls away leaving me out of breath, I take a moment to gather myself.

"That was one goodbye kiss, wow."

"I'll see you, okay?" He laughs and kisses my cheek.

"Okay, bye." I lock the door and go get ready for my doctor's appointment.

An hour later I'm in the waiting room sitting on some slightly uncomfortable chairs. Eventually, my name gets called and I follow a nurse to one of the rooms and sit on the patient bed as I wait for my doctor. 

I begin playing games on my phone to distract myself before there's a knock on the door. 

"Hello Addison, how are you doing today?" Dr. Miel asks. 

"I'm good thank you." I put my phone into my pocket.

"So what brings you in today? You don't have a physical scheduled for another few months."

"Uhm, well, I haven't been feeling the best for a little while so I took a test-"

"A pregnancy test?" 

"Yes, and it came out positive so I wanted to confirm." I begin fiddling with my hands.

"Okay well, no problem. We can do a blood or a urine test, with a urine test the results will come out faster but blood could be more accurate." 

After deciding to do just the blood test seeing as I took a pregnancy test already and Dr. Miel said they are practically the same thing.

 Once she's done taking my blood and I am told I can leave and they'll call with the results, I practically run to my car. The results should be ready by tomorrow. 

Although it's closed I decide to drive to the bakery and try some new recipes, get my mind off things before I get my results back and go talk to Justin. 

On the drive, I come to terms with the fact that I'm probably pregnant, and although Justin and I haven't been together for a long time we love each other and I think we can do this.

I have faith in us. 

I park behind the building and walk inside. It's Sunday so we're closed, but it's a lot easier to bake and try new recipes here than at home. 

I decided to try this new recipe for snickerdoodle cookies with toffee bits in them. I make a couple of test batches and leave them for the others to try and give me feedback on. 

Once I'm done cleaning up I log the ingredients, lock up, and head for my car to take a well-deserved bath back at home. 

I unlock the door to my apartment, tossing off my shoes and leaving my keys on the kitchen counter. My apartment is pretty much an open concept, the only real walls separating things are for the bathroom and bedroom. It might not be the biggest in the world, but it's enough for me. 

After a very warm and calming bath, I walk to my bedroom and pass out as soon as my head hits the pillow. If I actually am pregnant, I might as well get as much sleep as I can while I still can. 

*****

And that's the end of chapter 2!!! I hope you all are enjoying it so far, and don't forget to vote and comment, I love reading what you have to say and what you think. :)

Have a splendid morning, afternoon, evening, and night.