Our first day as couple

Arjun's POV:

Around 11 am ,Gauri came down dressed in light green salwar , her maang filled with sindoor. She wore mangalsutra around her neck.  Seeing her like it, I am happy. she looked breathtaking. I already packed the stuffs and send it along with bua . So, no luggage. when we are about to take leave, some local villager came and asked Dadaji " saheb, are you are sending them to the mela in nearby vilage?"

On hearing this, Gauri eyes lit up and looked at me hopefully. But Dadaji sighed " no, sadly they are going back."

when we are all set to go, " I want to go to that mela, Arjun. I have never seen anything like that before. " she pouted. Looking at her innocent face, I gave in and agreed immediately.

My phone has been buzzing all the time. It's my bua, she's been calling me several times. Probably to ask where we are. I  put it on silent mode and drove towards that mela.

" ta da, we are here." I showed her the entrance. she came out and hugged me " thank you so much. " 
while I got lost in that hug, she ran inside and screamed " come on."

Mela is the major source for the villagers to purchase the necessary things specially for wedding. All kind of daily needs right from the toys, sweets, clothes to the utensils & Jewellery.

Gauri squealed " see there's circus. go and buy the tickets." pointing towards a sea of crowds. I managed to get tickets with great difficulty not before getting hit by many men's elbows on my cheeks and some even stepped on my legs. ah, it hurts. I am lucky that my tooth wasn't broken.

When I stepped into the circus tent, those colourful ribbons and streamers hanging from above were the first things that caught my eyes. I held Gauri's hand tightly while squeezed through the crowds and finally found our seats. I couldn't help looking at Gauri then the circus ring where spotlights twirling round and round. The very next moment, the whole tent went silent. Then, there was a string of drumming, preluding the beginning of the show.

Several acrobats dressed in tight suit rolled onto the stage. I looked up, and some of them were already standing on the trapezes on the sides. They jumped from the trapeze, clinging to the swing. After a few swings, they threw themselves in mid-air. I was holding my breath while watching them. They did a few somersaults and reached the swing on the other side effortlessly. They were swinging as if they were flying. And those acrobats on the ground, they were jumping high weightlessly, spinning and rolling on the floor. Then, they began to pile up to form a firm pyramid. They held on for a minute and the audience began to cheer and clap. The cheering and clapping lasted long enough to the beginning of the next performance.

The white spotlights turned into coloured spotlights. A funny joyful song began to play. A man with bright red short curly wig and a huge painted smile stood there, at the centre of the stage. He then walked around the stage with his polka dot bellow pants swinging left and right. Suddenly, he was tripped over by his own oversized shoes. He laughed as loud as a man possibly could and kept rolling on the floor. I chuckled while Gauri is laughing with her hands on her stomach .
The clown told a series of jokes. He did different tricks. One moment he got on a monocycle with a pile of plates on his head. The next moment he was standing on a massive inflated ball with his hands.

The laughter of the audience didn't stop as the clown went backstage. Suddenly, a loud roar from the lion halted the laughter. There was a moment of silence right before the crowd went crazy about it. A middle aged tamer with a short mustache held a long whip in his left hand. With every whip, the lion did tricks accordingly. It climbed on a large high chair and stood on its back legs. Under the lead of the tamer's whip, the lion stood and sat according to the beats of the background music. I never thought lions could be a potential dancer! To end the show perfectly, it jumped through fire rings and triggered off a thunderous round of applause.

When I started looking around again, some people were standing, cheering for the great performance, some were clapping in their seats and some were taking photos.
And Me? I am sitting in my seat, observing this whole interesting scene, not only the circus performance but also the girl's expressions who brought me here. Together, they presented to me this impressive show today. I will remember this for a long time.

Then ,we ate chenna masala at a chat stall at noon. After that, she grabbed my hand and dragged me towards some rides.
Our first stop was something called the Pirate ship, it was a ship suspended in the air with some iron like things, pardon me, I don't know how to describe it. But the pulley kinda goes back and forth with the ship swaying from one side to the other. The people on it were screaming she screamed like hell when stopped at mid way . even I screamed like a kid.

I only got comfortable just as the ride was coming to an end, by then my throat ached! I was glad to come down from that ship, that made me feel like I was coming out of my body. It was wild and crazy fun. Will I do it again? no, I don't think so. I was never this happy for a long time. I thanked her mentally.

Then We went to ride the cars. The cars go up and down some kinda maze and bump into the sides of the iron maze. I wanted to ride along with her. she gladly agreed.So, we got in.Held on to the iron rail very well and watch ourselves travel up and down bumping into things. It was like playing real life car race. What's life without some excitement? Some adrenaline rush!
It was fun bumping into ourselves but once again, the ride was too short and my car sorta liked to drive only in reverse. She mocked me saying " whatever you touch, behaves like you"

I didn't mind her words seriously and laughed my heart out.

For me, it was fun, crazy fun, reliving my childhood and being kids again.

when we step out of the mela after she bought some bangles, it's 8 pm. I am not complaining.

" thank you. I enjoyed a lot today." I hugged her tightly.she didn't say anything.

after some time , I let go of her and asked " where to ,now?"

my Mobile ringed.

" where are you ? I am worried as  you both haven't reached till now?" my bua asked,err shouted on phone.

" sorry bua, car got repaired in between." I lied to her. Gauri starts to laugh and said louder for her to hear " yeah, that too near mela"

" shh, stop " I hissed while holding my mobile. "bua,  here there is no signal, I will call after we reach someplace safe "I said and ended the call. I switched it off and turned to glare at her.

" what?" she asked innocently as if she don't know what she did.

I drove from that place and when we are half way through , she said " we will go to my flat. it's 12 am now.  why disturb them and their sleep ?"

Gauri surely in love with sleep. I laughed. " let me drive. you must be tired with all those punches you received back there. " she said. " you knew" I asked.

" ofcourse , I know. I was there ,milky boy." she said while ruffling my hair.

" don't call me that " I muttered .
" as if i am gonna listen, milky boy. " she said and started to drove towards her flat.

************************

hI all, I have updated.

just Arjun and Gauri.

hope you all like it. Lastly, don't forgot to vote and comment.