தவிப்பு..

Mullai silenced Poo by giving her favorite toy and Poo busied herself with that. She finally got ready and opened the door.

Mullai & Poo came hand-in-hand into the hall and all the eyes turned towards them, specially Kathir’s. Kathir looked mesmerizedly at Mullai. She was wearing a yellow saree and looked breathtakingly beautiful. She has taken much care in dressing up herself, which he is sure is not for him. Still, he didn’t avert his gaze.

This has never happened before. He never admired her openly. He had his own reasons, unknown to her. He forgot Poo and kept on looking at Mullai. Jeeva and Moorthy who were sitting next to him were shocked and surprised at his behavior. They smiled at each other and gave an understanding nod.

Both Mullai & Poo’s eyes searched for him. Mullai is surprised when his eyes first met her’s before Poo’s, which is unexpected. Strangely, she has no idea about the history of thousands and thousands of stolen glances.

When their eyes met, he quickly diverted the ‘spellbound by your beauty’ look to Poo. His little baby looked equally beautiful in the dark blue pattu pavadai. She gave tough competition to her mother. At 4 years of age, she is a spitting image of Mullai and has no traces of her pappa. Everyone is happy about the latter fact, including Kathir. Though he would have loved it, he is happy at how she is now. Their baby boy can look like him😎

Kathir winked at her and gave her a thumbs up. She immediately left Mullai’s hand and came running to him. He took her in his arms and whirled her. The entire family is immensely happy seeing the father-daughter relationship except one person, Mullai. She became tensed and came near them to stop. Kathir glared at her and she stopped at her steps. He is hurt, as always. She always hurt him unknowingly.

She stepped back after that glare, but was concerned. She knew he is hurt, but she couldn’t help. Though Kathir tries to be an understanding husband, he was always adamant when it comes to Poo.

Poo is a special one and she requires more love than any normal kid. When Kathir is always ready to give it to her, Mullai tries to restrict him. Everytime he breaks a restriction,
she imposes a new one.

But he never knew she did all these only for these two’s happiness. That’s why he was always left to wonder, why that apprehension is only for him and not any other person in this family.

He knew he had committed mistakes, mistakes that can never be forgiven, mistakes that can never be forgotten, mistakes that changed the lives of both of them.

But doesn’t everyone deserves a second chance? Why is she not trusting him enough? May be if he or the family finally _______ she may trust him. But will that be the only outcome? What if her anger doubles? What if she decides to do what she did before. What if she leaves the house…again? His mind spins as he is not ready to even think about the negatives.

So, he decided to enjoy the current happiness instead of reaching the sour grapes.