Can You Protect Me? (Jackson)

AU: during apocalypse

Everyone is on the run, from the virus that turn them into a savage that eat others. Even tho they had it the first half but after the quarantine, when the world celebrated its winning, the virus strick back but this time the effect are immediate.

After her father left her to the airport to fetch her mother, Gemma were left alone in the house. Gemma prepared everything, she even had gun with her to protect herself just in case.

That night, she was in the kitchen, having dinner when she heard someone in the garage. She ran to her room to hide, taking all the knifes for protection.

Dad 🧒

dad? where r u?
dont call me, just text

still omw to mom
r u okay? what happened?

im hiding in my room
someone in the garage
dont call me, just text

-seen-

"really dad?" Gemma thought to herself. She keep herself alert, listening to the intruder movement. 5 minutes later, the intruder making his move to the room upstairs which her room the first one. she keeping herself calm and collected so that if the intruder manage to found her, she can attack them. The intruder must have thought that the house were empty after her dad left earlier.

tru the closet door, she can see the man roaming around her room, looks like he was looking for something, maybe money or worst, her.

The man were making his way to the closet where Gemma were hiding when someone calling her name from the front door. "Gemma? im back." sounds familiar but that is not dad.

The intruder who were in her room jumped out of her window and ran away. Gemma took all the knife and her phone out of the closet and ran downstairs.

"jackson? omg thank you!" she ran straight to him and they hugged. Jackson is her neighbor, 2 house away. "Uncle called me, he was driving so he cant really text." he pat my back to calm Gemma down who were clearly shaking. After the long hug, Jacksoand Gemma sitting in the living room, waiting for Gemma's dad to arrive.

"i can stay here all night with you, i am too, home alone." he chuckled to reassure Gemma who are anxious waiting for her dad to call.

"really? i mean, im fine now but its nice to have company at this time." Gemma put her phone down, after Jackson told her, he can stay all night. After an hour, both of then fell asleep on the couch, only Jackson woke up to a text messages from Gemma's dad telling him that he is stucked as the entry to the town is blocked. He wanted to tell Gemma but she were sleeping so peacefully, he just let her rest.

The next Morning

Gemma woke up to the sounds of loud growling outside of the house. Jackson were not there but his phone is on the coffee table alongside of her phone.

Gemma stood up to find Jackson only to find him shirtless in the kitchen, just finished washing his face. "am i waking you up?" Gemma smile then she remembered the growl she heard outside. She then out her finger on her lips to tell Jackson not make noise.

Understand the sign, Jackson put in his shirt back and grabbed a sweeper stick that attached with knife. "i forgot to bring my gun so i had to improvised." he whispered. They both walk upstair to get a better view of what happening outside.

As what they expect, the walker got into their street already. "oh, uncle cant come because the main entrance to our town were blocked, i want to tell you but you were so deep in sleep." he whispered again, Gemma nodded.

They need to plan an escape because they ran out of supply. They stuck in the house for 2 days now and the foodtruck not coming anymore.

"we can run to my house, i have enough foods for 1 day, car and better weapon." Jackson try to convince Gemma to run all their might to his house. From where they standing, his house isnt that far but with these walker, the chances of them to run from Gemma's house to Jackson's house safely is a strong 10%.

Gemma pacing around the room, trying to come out with better idea, then suddenly she stop pacing and walk to him "can you protect me?" Gemma stand in front of Jackson, he can feel her hot breath on his chest. "you dont have to ask me that, i am and will protect you with all i have." Jackson hold her shoulder and looked deep into her eyes "you just have to believe in me." he waited for her respond.

"okay, let me get my stuff." Gemma packed her stuff while Jackson fixing his weapon. At the front door, both of them hesitant to open the door but they need to run. Jackson then hold her hand, he opened the door and they run and run and run, not looking back.

While running, Gemma felt a smile form on her face, the adrenaline pumped thru her blood. The excitement of killing the walker motivate her more and more that they didnt realize that made it to Jackson house.

"we made it." Jackson locked the door behind them after got into the house safely.

" Jackson locked the door behind them after got into the house safely