1 - Moved on

I'm staring at him again. Why? Just why? I don't understand why do I even like him. I just don't understand why I love him that much. It's been two years. Two years liking him. He's not even my close friend. I even tried to date someone during that time to moved on from him but I just can't.

"Aish, I don't understand why won't you just confess to him. Why are you so afraid of him? Maybe he'll accept you. You never know."

2 Days ago

He stared at me not saying a word. Is this it? Should I say it now? Will he reject me? "What is it you want to say?" He ask me while straing deeply into my eyes. "Should I say it..." I mumbled but it was loud enough to let him hear. "Hm?" He bend down a bit to look at me. I sighed and build up all the courage to say it, "I like you, Minghao."

I look up to see him looking at me, shocked by what I said. He smiled "You see... Feelings can't always feel the same. I'm sorry, I'm afraid I can't accept you, but maybe someday, I might. Who knows?" I knew it all the time. He won't liked me back...

"But maybe someday, I might."

Those words echoed through my mind. No, he won't. I should forget about it. He would never like me back. I should... I should really move on.

I stared at my own reflection in the mirror and sighed. I'm just not good enough for him. I change my pjs and lay down on my bed. Why am I having these kind of thoughts? A sudden tears left my eyes while I close my eyes to sleep.

"Minghao!!"

"Minghao!! Please wake up!!"

I was watching from a distance. Watching the love of my life getting hit by a car. The ambulance arrived later and took his body to the hospital. I can't help it anymore. The tears that I've been holding left my eyes. Why...

"WHY AM I CRYING OVER HIM?!?!!" I woke up to myself shouting while crying. I sighed and looked at my table clock. I get off my bed and started to do my usual morning routine. It's weekend today so I decided to go out to buy some food.

I change my pjs to a pair of white shirt and jeans. My parents was boarding so they wouldn't be at home for a month. They left me some money before that. Wearing my boots, I grabbed my wallet with my coat and left the house.

I walked down the street to the convenience store. Stepping in, I walked around while picking food that I want to eat. What should I buy... Maybe ramen? "Oh? Y/N-ssi?" A familiar sound called my name while walking toward me. "Oh, Mingyu.." "What are you doing here, Y/N?" He asked. "Just buying some food to eat." I said as he smiled. "You wanna come over and watch some movies?" I smiled back at him and said "Sure" Mingyu is my best friend. We've been friends for about 8 years since kid. He always asked me if I have a problem and helped me with it. Except for that.. problem.

Mingyu and I walked together to his house. "Hey, Y/N. You're not smiling lately, what happened?" He asked. "It's nothing" I replied not looking at him. "Hey, look at me." He cupped my face with his hand. Hesitating for awhile, he said softly "I like you okay? I don't want you to get hurt. Tell me, what is it?" "Even if you like me, it doesn't mean you have rights to know" He sighed. "Y/N... Wouldn't you tell your problems to your own best friend?" "You see... I won't ask anything from you. I just want you to be happy, that's all." Not knowing what to tell him, I just cried and hug him. "Y/N..." He hug me back while caressing my head. "Now tell me what is it." He smiles.

"So, you decided to move on?" He asked. "Yea, and I don't know what should I do." "Maybe.. Uhm.. If I can.." "Hm?" I looked at him. He blushed at his own thoughts hesitate to tell me what is it but I knew what would he say. "Sure, you can be my boyfriend." I smile at him. "Thank you." I hug him once again. "No, thank you for giving me the chance.."

Mingyu POV.

Y/N smiled at me and hugs me. Her smile is as bright as ever. Unfortunately, I can still see sadness from her eyes. She's having a hard time... It's kinda hurt for me that she loves someone else before, it's hurt that I'm not the only one in her eyes. But for now, I'm happy to hear that she accept my love for her and decided to be with me. I must protect her no matter what, she can't continue to be hurt like this.