7 - Fate

Mingyu POV.

I looked down at my feet, not saying anything. "Mingyu.. Are you okay? Is something bothering you?" Y/N look at me with a sad face. "Um.. Yea, I'm okay" I smiled at her. "But... I can tell something is bothering you.." She said, not trusting the words I say. "Really..? Is it too obvious.." She smiles and sat next to me, "Of course not. I just felt something is wrong so I asked. You don't wanna bother anyone just because you're sad right? Cheer up!"

I sighed deeply at the thought of our memories when we were kids.

"Mingyu... Are you okay?" Soonbyul approached toward me. "No, and please don't come near me." She furrowed her eyebrows and walked away. If she were to be Y/N, she could've asked me more. Instead, she just leave me like that. Why did I even accept her..? I could've protect Y/N at that moment. Y/N could've made me even more happier.  Why did I even decided to live.. with her?

A sudden tears fall to the ground.

It's no use.. I've decided the wrong path. I've ended up being in here. There's no turning back unless I can change...

Jun POV.

I followed behind Y/N without saying anything.

Mingyu and Y/N's friendship reminds me how he left me. The moment he left, my whole world has stopped. The clock stop ticking, our friendship is over.

It makes no differences.

Just like how Mingyu betrayed her trust and leave her from his sight.

And how he leaves as he slowly faded from my sight.

The reason why I am here with Y/N, is because we shared the same path. It's our fate.

"Jun.." I stopped my track. "Who's your friend..?"

She stop walking and turn toward me,

with a smile plastered on her face.

"Friend..." I managed to utter a word. Silence surrounded the both of us.

She opened the car door and went inside the car. I went to the driver seat and drove the car. "Where should we go.. Now?" She ask. "We're going back to my house, only if you're okay with it." I stated. "I'm okay with it as long as nothing happens"

Y/N POV.

"So.. You asked about my past" Jun said while glancing at me. I was startled a bit but answered him with a nod. "Uhm.. Yes." He chuckled and started speaking again "I don't think he's an actual friend to me either.." "Either?" I questioned. What do he mean by 'either'..? Is there something hidden in that word? "You'll know when I tell you" he smiled and continues "I just thought I can be friends with him." "And..? Did he accepted your request?" "Yes, he did. We were like real brothers. Until one day, he changed. It was during high school, when he got a girlfriend he left me. I was neither brother nor friend to him. I knew, I was nothing to him anymore."

"That's how life went, for me." he sighed. "Y/N.. You know.. We're alike, don't you think?"

A sudden bright light shines infront of me. I hold my hands up to cover my eyes from those blinding light. The same place, white background, nothing surrounding me. Why am I here? Where's Jun? What happened? How did I get here? Suddenly, thousands of shadows came circulating me with my family, my friends, Jun, Mingyu and.. Minghao.

"Y/N.. We're sorry.. We didn't take care of you properly.. We hope you're okay.." My parents said. My mom had tears in her eyes while my dad comfort her in his arms.

"What were you doing these days..? We were looking for you.." Heejee came to hug me.

"Y/N.. Remember the last conversation we had? His name.. Is Minghao." Jun said as he look up and smiled.

"I thought I could protect you.. Y/N.. I'm sorry. I wasn't a good boyfriend. I'm not even a good best friend to you." Mingyu cries and falls down to his knees. I quickly run toward him and brought him to my arms.

Minghao walked closer to me. His figure towering me and mingyu. "Those people, are those who you cared for and those shadows, are people you helped before. Do you still think you're not worth it? Why are you giving up?

I thought you would never give up on me.." He came closer to me and lift my chin. Slowly, everyone disappeared as he pressed his lips to mine. The moment he does that, a tear escape my eyes. It could be the last tear of mine. This could be the first and last kiss he gave me.

Blur voices calling out for me "Y/N?" "Miss?" "Y/N? Are you awake?" I opened my eyes and saw myself on a hospital bed.