2 - Apart

Y/N POV.

"Aish jinjja.. He's so handsome" One of my friend said. "Oh c'mon, why you keep talking about him. He's my ex-crush." I said. "I bet you still like him." My friend playfully smirk at me. "Why would I? That was a long time ago. We were just kids!" I said while rolling my eyes. Well, I do like him now. But that's not the actual point exactly. I admire him because of his talent, his kind presence... And that “admire” slowly becoming a small crush. I do have a little crush on him since I was middle school. Yet, he graduated way before me. That's why he's my “ex-crush”

2 years after I graduated, I was going to the same high school as him. I don't know why but I felt very excited and scared at the same time.
The time when he left middle school, I felt as if a part of me were gone. I don't understand why am I sad when we're not even close friends.

"Students, especially first year, please pay attention" The teacher said holding a mic as she look around the hall. It's my first day in high school. "I'm going to call your name one by one class after class. Start from class C-1, Laurel..." The teacher continues. I'm in class D-1 along with some of my friends I met during middle school. I sat infront according to the namelist. The teacher continues as I kept quiet to myself trying not to think about my ex-crush. Seems like the other upper students already going back to their classes, except for one... 'M-minghao?' I thought to myself. 'Wait, what? Is that really him?' I looked closer to take a closer look at his face. It is him... My heart beats faster than I could imagine, the sounds rang between my ears and it gives out chills through my spine. No, this can't be. I won't fall for him. I don't like him anymore.. I shut my eyes close and try to think other things. My friends look at me worriedly. I'm only a first year student! This can't be it! I promised myself to focus on my studies! Turns out it wasn't what I expected...

The feelings I've been hiding for so long finally gets in. The more I look at him, the more I falls for him even more. Day by day, I sacrificed my works to see him. I didn't think about anything else, my mind was only filled... him.

"Y/N, you wanna go to the library with us?" I smiled sadly, "Sorry, no. I need to go to the cafeteria with Chanha." My friends gives me a sad looks. Me and Chanha turn around and goes to the cafeteria together. I keep smiling during the entire way to the cafeteria. "I thought you loved going to the library. Why you wanna go to the cafeteria instead?" I was snapped back to reality when Chanha suddenly asked me a question. "Ah... It's nothing actually, I just feel like going to the cafeteria." She raised a brows at me. "Is it about Minghao..?" She leans closer and asked me with a smirky looks. "N-no, it's really nothing!" I look away to hide my growing blush by just hearing his name. "Oh c'mon! You know I know you so well~" "But that ain't it so stop!" I pout and cross my arms.

After buying food,  me and Chanha finds a place to sit. "Urgh, it's so crowded here, I can't find a place to sit." Chanha whined. I looked around trying to find a place that me and Chanha can sit at. The moment I found one, a person caught my eye. "Chanha! Chanha! I found a place. " I taps on her shoulder and she follows me to the table I found. "Ah... Finally." She brought her food to her mouth as she eats deliciously. I sat in silence eating the food I'm holding in my hand while looking at the person I saw just now. It's him.. It's really him... "Y/N? Where you looking at?" I looked at Chanha and try to keep a questioned face to not let her notice him. "What?" I said. She hesitate a bit but snapped it away after that.

"These numbers can be divided..." I looked at the teacher boredly and force myself to continue listening to what teacher said. "Y/N, do you understand?" I nodded as the teacher continues teaching again. It's only been a few weeks and almost the whole class knew about Minghao. Even my front seatmate also tease me a lot about him.

But, The fact that he's 2 years older than me makes it even more impossible to get to him. It's hard to go near him. It's very rare to have the chance to see him.

"I bet you two would look good together!" "I know right, they have so much in common." "Even their birthdates are so close to each other, it's only 2 days apart!" "Aww, that's so great I wish I was you!" "I ever dreamt about her being with him" my friends chit chats and keep talking about Minghao. They keep giving hopes for me even though I said I would just moved on. But in reality, I can't actually moved on from him. "Guys, I think you should stop talking about him, I wanna move on, I'm not good enough for him, besides he probably had someone he likes."

Our birthdates were 2 days apart... Our ages were 2 years apart from each other... Could that be a message that reality was trying to tell me? What if it's the barrier that holding us apart from each other? What if it's the big wall that closes our way toward each other?