18. Bhai

"Cabir! Nandu akley hai wha! Tum kyu nhi chaley jatey!?", Navya said as Cabir told her everything.

"Navya! I want to go but nxt kuch hours mey flight hai uski aur main jitney der mey wha jaunga wo yaha aa jayegi! Mainey wha k hospital sey baat ki h Nandini ko proper treatment dey rhe hai!" ,He was saying when his phone rang.

"Sir! Hospital doctors bol rhe h wo kal tak discharge nhi kregey because ma'am ko avi b breathing mey problem ho rhi hai!"

"Damn! I'm taking the next flight and coming over there!", He said and started to book the flight.

"Kya hua Cabir?", Navya asked.

"Nandi ko kal tak discharge kregey! I'm going over there! Next flight ek gantey mey hai!", He said as he started packing.

"Hey! Matarani kya kare rhe ho aap! Main bhi chalungi!", She said as she helped him.

"Nhi Navya! Tum yaha rah kar mujhey update krti rhna yha k barey mey!"

"Manik ko..", Cabir didn't let her complete as he holds her arms tightly and said gritting his teeth, "Agar yaha kisi ko kuch bhi pata toh Navya you know me!"

"Cabir it's hurting!", She said.

"It'll hurt mkre agar Manik ko kuch bhi pata chala toh! Samjhi tum! So it's my warning!", He said and left her.

Navya smiled and said to herself, "Bhut pyar krtey ho apni behan sey Cabir! Bahut jyda! Pehly bhi krtey the aur ab bhi!"

***********

Torturing her was one thing which Cabir always did to Nandini. Everybody knows him as a big prankster but what people didn't know is the hidden brother. He knows he did wrong to her. Like everyone he was also kid who loved her maa and that's why he started to hate her but he also had a soft hidden corner in his heart for his sister.

When Nandini was in class 6, she was standing outside her class because the new session has just begun and Nandini didn't have books. Cabir was going to canteen bunking the class when he saw her. He found her sweating as it was too hot and the corridor was in direct exposure of sunlight. He fought with himself to go and take her inside but he has to maintain the tough nut image. He looked around to check if someone was looking or not then found games period was going on because of which he couldn't go to her. Not finding any other way he looked at the fire alarm and breaking the glass pressed the button. All the alarms started to ring and everyone ran towards the exit Nandini was pushed by the crowd and felll down. She fainted as her small weak body couldn't handle the push and the punishment. Cabir on finding the corridor empty took her and carried her to an empty class. He called Navya with water.

"Cabir! Tumney itni jldi mey kyu bulaya! Aag lagi h school mey tum yaha kya kar rhe ho!!"

"Ssh! Navya close the door!"

She came inside and was shocked to see Nandini's small body on the bench.

"Cabir! Mazak ki hadd hoti hai! Don't tell me tumhra yeh prank h!"

"Navya! Will you shut your mouth! Pani do mujhey!", He took the bottle and sprinkles kn her face.

"Kuch bolo gey Cabir!"

"Mainey bazaya tha wo alarm! Yeh utt kyu nhi rhi? Damn!", He said as he patted her cheeks lightly. 

"Nandini! Wake up!"

"Let's take her to hostel's medical room! Alarm ki wajah sey koi school ko khali karwa diya gya hai!"

Cabir nodded and carried her from the back gate. But what Navya heard him saying she smiled as he whispered, "Nothing will happen to Nanduita! Kuch nhi hoga!"