Chapter Five

Chapter five:

Zayn awoke in night sweats, quickly pulling the covers off of him. That woke Harry up, his ears perking up at Zayn's sudden movements. Zayn noticed, "Go back to sleep love, I just got a little warm so I'm going to turn on the fan." He said softly, brushing Harry's hair out of his face.

Harry let out a purr as Zayn quickly turned the ceiling fan on, joining Harry back in bed. It didn't take long for Harry to curl back up into Zayn's side, purring loudly. Zayn was really taking a liking to the young boy, his beautiful emerald eyes, his curly brown hair, and the way his black ears helped show his expressions. Zayn took this time to take in every little detail on Harry's face as the boy was letting out little snores, he sure fell asleep fast.

Zayn let out a silent sigh, laying in his own thoughts. The boy laying next to him intrigued him, he made him want to work from home just so he could stay with the brunette every chance he got. It felt weird to Zayn how someone, who was an absolute stranger, made him want to completely change his life around just for him. Zayn rolled over, staring right at Harry's sleeping face, he smiled and kissed his forehead before falling back asleep.

[•][•][•][•][•]

Harry woke up, stretching out, yawning in the process. He noticed that Zayn wasn't quite awake yet, so he quietly got out of bed. He took a moment to stare at the handsome man in the bed in front of him, taking in his fluffy black hair and perfectly chiseled chin. He looked away, quickly when Zayn shuffled in his sleep. Harry took this moment to quietly bolt out of the room, looking for a cup of water once he was in the kitchen. He was snooping through the cupboards trying to find a glass, but something caught his eye, next to the fridge. He stopped looking for a glass, walking over to the picture that was laying on the ground in-between the fridge and counter. He carefully picked it up, examining the girl who was next to Zayn. She was very beautiful, her blonde hair was down to her shoulders, curled, her smile was big as she held her arms around Zayn. It made Harry a little sad to look at this picture, realizing it was probably Zayn's girlfriend.

"What did you find Harry?" Zayn's voice startled the boy as he quickly whipped the picture behind us back, his ears down and eyes wide.

Zayn let out a chuckle, "I didn't mean to scare you." He said, taking a cup out to make himself some coffee.

Harry let out a small sigh, his ears standing back up to normal, "I found this picture next to the fridge." He quietly spoke, setting it next Zayn's cup.

Zayn picked it up, examining everything in it before he tossed it in the garbage, not giving it a second thought. Harry looked at him curiously, "But- why?" He pointed to the garbage, while Zayn poured his coffee into his cup.

He sighed, leaning back against the counter. He took a sip of coffee before he spoke, "That was just some girl that I used to apparently date."

Harry looked at him very confused, "apparently?"

"Perrie is a very rich, young woman that has people following her around constantly." Zayn explained, "she's one of the many clients that my company has. Someone set us up on a couple dates here and there, that picture was our second hang out." Zayn pointed at the tossed picture, "we used to be good friends, but she ended up moving to the states, ending all relationships to anyone in the UK and starting new." He shrugged, taking another sip of coffee.

Harry nodded, "She sounded kinda complicated." He chuckled a little. Zayn smiled, setting his coffee cup down and pulling Harry into him.

"Oh she was." He laughed, while Harry wrapped his arms and tail around Zayn, purring lightly.

Zayn lets out a content sigh, "what do you want to do today?" He asks, looking into Harry's emerald eyes.

Harry shrugged, "I don't know, but can I get a glass of water?" He shyly asked, pointing to the cupboard. Zayn laughed and grabbed him a cup, filling it to the top with water. He handed it to Harry, who took it happily and practically chugged it down with seconds.