68-His

[Photo of Porscha Coleman aka Kelendria Thomas>>>]

***

Date: September 16th

Location: Cypress Woods Preparatory: 1st Floor: Art Elective

POV: Dustin

I sat in front of my easel, placing a blank canvas on it. I placed my tray of paint in front of me. Though I'm placed in this elective, I felt weird to be motivated to draw and paint. I could draw and paint like a professional, but I really didn't see art as a useful career--it wasn't useful in any case except for self-expression. Ever since that incident, it's been the only thing to calm me down.

The objective of the day was to create a set of eyes. With these eyes, we had to express emotions within them. I wasn't too cool with the objective because I already knew what I'd end up drawing.

I looked around the room, only to see girls eye-raping me. I'm the only straight guy in this elective, so the thirst was real. I wasn't really into any of these girls. They didn't seem to be my type. I wanted a girl who had brains, beauty, a sensible preference of style, and a sense of humor. The only two girls who seemed to have all of that so far was Kelendria and Valentine.

Kelendria has been my best friend for years. When I moved to Ontario, I still had contact with her. I used to have a major crush on her until I met my last girlfriend, Danielle. Though Danielle and I lasted only three months, I put my crush on Dria on the backburner. The only downfall with Dria is that she's vindictive and rude at times, which may be a deal breaker.

Valentine seemed pretty cool. Something about the way she carries herself is different than other girls, which was attractive. Though she's a nerd by physical appearance, she is far from one. Something about her seems vindictive, too. I plan on watching out for her.

I got started on this artwork, drawing part of a head. I began drawing a pair of almond shaped eyes. I began to detail the irises and the retinas, making them cold and bold. I opened the red paint and started drawing a stream of blood falling from these eyes. Next, I opened the brown and white paints. I mixed the paint together, creating a light brown. In slow, even strokes, I painted the irises to resemble the hazel eyes I last saw. I picked up the purple paint, mixing it with the blue and black. As I mixed these together, I could almost hear the memorable pleading and cries of mercy. Before I used this ugly purple, I painted the skin of the head a light brown. Once that was completed, I started to paint the skin with the purple. The bruises. Memorable.

I painted a pair of brown eyes behind the face. The ones that hurt the most. I dropped the paintbrush, standing up and away from my easel. This was--in my eyes--the eyes of the incident.

I heard the click of shoes on the floor, and I was hoping it was Dria. She's the only one who knows of the incident, including the trust issues I used to have. These trust issues led to me being sent back and forth between my aunts and the system.

I looked and saw that it was Valentine, even though it wasn't Dria, I was still happy to see her. I smiled at her.

"Hey. You're in this elective?" I asked.

"No," She replied. Damn. "I just came to get my book from my friend. So, see you."

She walked over to a girl with a Crooks and Castles sweater, baggy, navy blue uniform pants, and a pair of Beef and Broccoli Timberlands. The girl was obviously a lesbian , but she was a pretty one, though. They talked for a minute before the girl reached in her bag to hand Valentine a copy of Of Mice And Men by John Steinbeck. Val gave her a hug. Val looked back at me as she left. I waved, but she ignored it.