three.

Life in the village is peaceful— That's what Kohana thinks, up until her eldest sister, Ruri, ended up getting sick

Life in the village is peaceful— That's what Kohana thinks, up until her eldest sister, Ruri, ended up getting sick. It was one of those uneventful days where she and a group of kids her age, which consisted of Kinro, Ginro, Chrome, Ruri, and her twin go out and play. That day the female decided to join whatever they were playing, just to create a bond with them. It's essential to create bonds with your new family, right? That's why she joined.

“Finally, finally! Hana-chan is joining us!” Kohaku exclaimed in joy as she jumped up and down near Kohana— “You're too loud Kohaku!” Chrome interjected, covering his ears to keep himself from becoming deaf probably. The two brothers could care less about their argument, since the two seems to be having a conversation themselves, while Ruri on the other hand is stuck being the mediator of the two once more.

The youngest of the group, stopped on her tracks, “You two shouldn't argue too often, for me I don't mind, but you both are giving Onee-sama a hard time.” Kohana states gesturing towards Ruri who's currently smiling nervously towards the two, “See?” The female added, which made Kohaku and Chrome guilty, with that— They made up, as if nothing happened, Ruri murmuring a thank you towards her sister by the end of it.

Once they arrived at the usual place, Kohana immediately sat down under one of the trees that had a massive amount of shade, leaning on it, “So what do you guys want to play today?” Came the voice of Ruri, who sounds eager to play a lot like usual, “Roleplay!” Chrome exclaimed pointing at himself, “I'll be the hero!” He added before pointing at Ruri, “And you’ll be the princess I'll be saving from these villains!”

Kohana eyed the scene for a few moments before standing up from where she was sitting, the female found it amusing, Chrome is definitely attracted to her sister. ‘Ah, young love.’ The blonde thought to herself, “What's my role then?” The youngest wondered as she eyed the group, to which Chrome grinned, “The narrator!” He screamed— “She should be my future wife! Not the narrator!” Ginro screamed in protest, Chrome raised a brow at this, “Villains do not have happy endings, dude.”

“What?!” Ginro shouted in shock, “But I want her to be my wife...” The blonde boy trailed off, “Kohaku and I will be the messenger of God that relays messages to the hero.” Kohana says completely rejecting the idea of her becoming the narrator nor Ginro's wife. “Oh! That sounds fun!” Kohaku added, as she agreed on the role that her twin gave her.

Kinro patted his brother on the back, “Well then, shall we start?” He interjected to which everyone agreed. After a few minutes of talking about the plot of their roleplay everyone agreed to follow Kohana's plot. The story will start with the hero meeting the messengers of god who relayed him the message that he's destined to defeat the villains and save the princess of the land.

The play was a fun experience— is what the transmigrator thinks, as she eyed her friends do their parts, but when the said roleplay was about to end, at it's climax, Ruri fell down on the ground abruptly while coughing quite harshly. Upon seeing this, the twins immediately ran towards their older sister without any delay, “Ruri-nee!” Kohaku shouted in concern as she knelt down to support their older sister.

“Onee-sama...” Kohana trailed off as she examined the way her older sister coughed, “This is bad.” She murmured to herself. The other kids stood nearby completely stunned about the situation, “Chrome! Call Turquoise and Jasper immediately! This isn't normal cold at all!” The youngest child of the chief claimed, with that being said, Chrome bolted out of the scene to get the people Kohana mentioned. Completely worried about Ruri's well-being.

The common cold that everyone disregarded turned into something much ominous, Kohana swiftly made Ruri lie on the ground, placing her older sister's head on her lap, “Onee-sama breathe slowly. You'll be fine. I promise.” The female uttered reassuring the older, “Ruri-nee...” Kohaku states, tears brimming to fall down on her cheeks, “Calm down, Haku-chan.” Kohana says as she held Kohaku's hand.

“What happened?!” Came the voice of the adults— and with that, Ruri was carried back to the village, the kids trailing behind the adults. That very day, was the day Ruri was diagnosed with an illness that could end up killing her in due time. Ever since, Ruri was forbidden to ever leave their house. To which Kohana agrees upon, but, she felt bad.

Why her eldest sister? Not her?

The female wondered as she stared at her sister who flashed her the brightest smile she have ever seen in this life. Life is truly cruel.