five.

“Onee-san what are you making?” Kohana glanced at the child beside her for a second before continuing on what she was doing, after a few seconds of contemplating how she should answer the kid's question, she finally decided— “I actually don't know...

“Onee-san what are you making?” Kohana glanced at the child beside her for a second before continuing on what she was doing, after a few seconds of contemplating how she should answer the kid's question, she finally decided— “I actually don't know as well.” The older female states, which made the child confused but accepted the answer either way. In truth, the fifteen year old teen is currently making another batch of experimental grinded tea leaves that can ease the illness of her older sister, but due to the fact that she does not possess any prior knowledge when it comes to herbs, the female decided to experiment on herself.

Basically in simple terms, she's the guinea pig of her own research.

Suika stared at the various types of herbs on the table before reaching out to one of them— “Onee-san do you know what these are called?” The child wondered, to which Kohana shrugged at, completely clueless, “Why is Onee-san grinding these plants when she doesn't know what it does?” Kohana merely chuckled before patting the melon that Suika is wearing, “To help my Onee-sama of course.” The older female states, “These are batches of new herbs that I have recently found, so these are completely new to me. I am currently testing them out.” She explained, pointing at the herbs.

“Onee-san is very cool!” Suika interjected as she started clapping while cheering— Kohana bowed upon hearing the praise before saying a soft thank you towards the child, not minding the company that the kid is currently giving her. “Hana-chan? So you were here, I've been looking for you!” Kohaku exclaimed running towards her twin, Kohana immediately turned her attention to her newly arrived twin, “Haku-chan, is something the matter?” The younger twin asked as she held Suika by the hand.

Kohaku grinned, “Nothing really, just checking up on you since you've been stuck in your shed for quite a while. How are the herbs I've brought you, are they helpful?” Her older sister stated before seeing Suika— “Oh! If it isn't Suika, hello there.” Kohaku added before flashing a bright smile at the young child who hid behind Kohana due to her shy nature, “These herbs are good, I'm still thoroughly checking the last ones, some of it are helpful, but mostly poisonous.” Kohana clarified pointing at the ones that can be considered poisonous.

Suika shivered at the word.

“P-poisonous?” The child stammered in fear before looking at Kohana in concern, the child knows what the female had been doing for the past hour, she had been watching that's why, Kohana turned to look at the child before placing one of her finger on top of her lips as if signaling Suika that she shouldn't bring that up, “Hm? What are you two hiding?” Kohaku questioned tilting her head a little bit in curiosity, to which Kohana completely ignored. As if the younger twin would let her sister find out what she had been doing.

Suika stayed silent, “Here you go.” Kohana stated handing Kohaku a container filled with newly grinded tea leaves— well Kohana preferred to call it tea powder but since no one in the village knows what a powder is, she just let it slide. Kohaku eyed the container before grinning brightly, “This is for Ruri-nee, right?” The older twin questioned to which Kohana nodded at in agreement, “I should get going and give these to Ruri-nee then, I'll see the both of you around.” Kohaku states waving goodbye at the pair, carrying the huge jar of spring water along with the container before leaving.

“Onee-san...” Suika trailed off removing her helmet while looking up at the older girl, the child couldn't see Kohana's face clearly due to her having the fuzzy disease, but nevertheless the child clutched Kohana's clothes, with a worried expression. The older raised one of her brows at the sight, “What's the matter, Suika?” The child trembled, as she pointed at the poisonous herbs, “D-didn't you make a d-drink earlier out of those?!” Suika exclaimed stuttering in the process— But Kohana merely patted the girl on the head gently, “You don't have to worry about anything, Suika.”

“I'm fine.” Kohana added— Yes, she's completely fine. It does not matter how many times she uses herself as the guinea pig for her research, what matters is that she can at least help her eldest sister live. In this life, she made an oath. To protect everyone she holds dear, no matter how impossible it might be, she'll make it possible with her own hands. Besides, she's used to it at this point, she has been experimenting on herself for the past five years. Of course her body will eventually acquire some type of resistance to poison. Other than that, her body just like her old one is strong.

So it does not matter. The child in front of her do not have to worry about anything because she can handle it, “But! That's poison!” Suika exclaimed but the older female only shook her head in disagreement, “These poison won't be able to kill me. If it can then wouldn't I be dead ages ago?” Kohana pointed out, retracting her hand off of the child's head, “I can handle it.” She added which made the kid look at her as if she had grown another head, “But Onee-san...” Suika trailed off, and somehow just by looking at the older's eyes, the child understood. Wrapping her arms around Kohana's leg, Suika started crying but even so, the pair came to an agreement to not speak a word regarding this hidden fact.

Because Kohana doesn't want anyone to worry anymore— Ruri having an incurable illness that is slowly killing her as time pass by along with the fact that her twin sister got disowned by their very own father for being too disobedient is enough. She'll be a good child, even if it means hiding the dirty work she's been doing to everyone.