four.

This life is a very quiet yet hectic life, uneventful yet stressful in Kohana's opinion

This life is a very quiet yet hectic life, uneventful yet stressful in Kohana's opinion. Ever since Ruri was diagnosed, everything changed. Well not everything but almost everything. The kids who used to play together are either looking for a cure for Ruri's illness or assigned to learn the rules because they are the future guards of the village. As for Kohana herself, she's neither of the two. She's free. It's been three years since then, and Kohana's thirteen now.

Ruri officially became the new priestess when their mother died. Everything is escalating too fast, but even so, she continued spending her days quietly. Showing knowledge but not too much to make her seem suspicious, Kohana is not really an expert when it comes to the medicinal field but she does have some knowledge regarding some of it. Since her old world used to be always at war, “Oh it's you, Kohana-chan.” Ruri states her attention now directed to the newcomer.

“It's good to see you as usual, Priestess.” Kohana greeted turning to look at Jasper and Turqoise who smiled at her before nodding, “What brings you here?” Ruri wondered— the newcomer went straight to the table, “These are tea leaves that I personally grinded.” Kohana states gesturing towards the powder inside the container she's holding, “I asked the old man to make me this box, I made sure that it's all clean. So you don't have to worry.” The female added as she poured hot water in the cup, “Have a sip.”

With this Ruri gratefully drank the tea, feeling relieved, “Jasper, Turquiose starting today please make sure that everything in the Priestess' room is without a speck of dust also inform me if the tea leaves are finished, and I'll immediately refill them for you.” Kohana says before bowing, “Well then, I'll take my leave.” Upon saying this, the blonde haired female left without any other words.

Just like always, she comes like the wind— and leaves like the wind. “Does it suit your liking Ruri-sama?” Jasper asked to which Ruri smiled, nodding slowly while staring at the retreating back of her younger sibling, “Kohana is truly kind isn't she?” Ruri uttered to which Jasper and Turquiose chuckled at but nodded nonetheless. Everyone in the village know how kind the young girl is. Despite not having any duties, in Ruri's opinion, Kohana became the busiest person in the village.

She helps everyone. Gives remedy to the sickness of the elderly, gives advice to others, aids others if they have a problem, and lastly— she's everyone's pillar, “Even Kaseki-san who barely goes out of his hut went out because Kohana needed help with something.” Jasper says, which made Ruri smile even more, “I wonder why she goes out of her way just to help everybody...” Turquiose trailed off, which made Ruri laugh a little bit, “It's because that's her nature.”

Once Kohana reached the end of the stairs, the female looked up at the sky— The sun will set soon, she should definitely hurry and help Chrome on sorting his newly collected stones or should she call them minerals? With this in mind, the female started speed walking towards the bridge. Passing by Kinro and Ginro who greeted her, she was about to leave when all of a sudden Kinro held her by the wrist.

Raising one of her brows at the male, Kohana eyed him, “Kinro? Do you need something?” She wondered, completely stopping her tracks, eyes glued on the tall brown haired male who stopped her abruptly, “I...” Kinro opened his mouth to say something, but instead his cheeks became red, “N-nevermind.” He says retracting his hand off of her wrist, “Do you have a fever? Can you crouch down a little bit?”

Without any hesitation the male followed her words, he crouched down, to which the female immediately placed her forehead on his, feeling his temperature. Seeing that his temperature seems normal, she stepped back, “Why is it that your face looks so red but your temperature seems normal? Kinro are you sick?” Let's just say that what happened next was Kinro trying to convince the female that he's fine while Ginro on the other hand snickered at how his brother acted.

Later that afternoon, Kohana was finally able to reach Chrome's shed where she found him rummaging over a new basket filled with rocks, “Yo! Kohana, you're finally here. What took you so long?” The female heaved out a sigh, “I went to Onee-sama to deliver her the tea leaves I made, I was about to get here earlier if it weren't for Kinro and Ginro.” She states, “Don't blame those two. What matters is I'm here now.” Kohana added to which Chrome rolled his eyes at.

“Well then let's get started shall we?”