seven.

Crimson hues clashed with teal colored ones— Kohana eyed the man in bewilderment as if this is the first time she had seen another human being

Crimson hues clashed with teal colored ones— Kohana eyed the man in bewilderment as if this is the first time she had seen another human being. Well technically it is her first time seeing one outside of the village, the female examined the male's appearance, even nearing her face just to examine his, “Cracks...” She states as she eyed those cracks on his face, Kohana extended her hand to touch those peculiar looking cracks, eyeing it intently. For some odd reason, he couldn’t bring himself to do anything to stop her from invading his personal space. Senku simply stared at the female before him with a stunned look plastered on his usually composed face.

How exactly did they end up in this situation you may ask? Let’s go back to what happened a couple of minutes ago shall we?

Senku thought— just like always, ever since he had been released from the clutches of being a statue, it will be another uneventful day where he’ll be looking for food, fixing the lab, and even making new things just for him to be able to function well in this stone world. The man knows that he lacks physical strength and endurance to do anything using his strength all alone. So he had to make things just to be able to actually do things all on his own but the man was proved to be wrong when he heard the sound of a zither playing in the distance. How come a zither is being played in this world? Unless someone other than him was revived and is talented at playing the said string instrument at that.

But a zither? How come a zither— an instrument that should exist in the modern era, in this age? Unless that very person is capable of making one, with that circling his mind, the male ran towards the source of the sound. Upon following the sound he was brought in a clearing, wherein there sat in the middle, a girl around his age. Well supposed age if only he wasn’t stuck as a statue for millennia. She  plucked on the zither, fingers gliding onto the zither’s string skillfully, as if she had been playing since she was born. Senku stood there, astonished by the female’s appearance. It felt surreal. The setting exactly looks like a scene out of a fairytale. He panted and panted, until he fell down on the ground trying to catch his breath.

A human with musical talents in the stone world. Truly astonishing to see. Hearing the soft sound of something falling down on the grassy ground— Kohana averted her gaze from her instrument to the source of the sound, only to find herself locked gazes with a man. Her eyes widened so slightly at the sight. Fingers took a stop from gliding across the strings, “A human?” She muttered under her breath before putting down her zither beside her, slowly standing up.

And with that they are now currently in the situation they're in.

Kohana softly touched the cracks on the male's face, even nearing hers to his just to observe it closely, “You're one of those statues, aren’t you?” She wondered. Which made Senku to chuckle smugly, “Yeah. How’d you know?” He questioned, feeling the soft touch of the female on his skin— Kohana retracted her fingers away from him, before giving the male space, “Just a guess.” She says. The male eyed the female for a couple of seconds before standing up as well, touching the part of his face where he was caressed. It felt weird. Usually he does not let anyone touch him so carelessly, but it seems that he was too taken aback by the female's sudden appearance.

“You're the first human I have ever seen outside.” Kohana says slinging her zither onto her back, “Well then I'll be leaving now.” The female bid farewell, only for the male to rush towards her immediately— holding her wrist quite tightly, “Stay.” Senku says, Kohana raised one of her brows at this, “Why should I?” She questioned, sure this is her first time meeting an unpetrified human outside the village, but that does not mean that she should accompany him. Her priority is her family. Her priority is Ruri. Her older sister's health comes first before any— “You're an apothecary aren't you?!” Senku shouted, Kohana flinched at those words, she's not. She's only experimenting. “I'm not.” The female says.

“Now please let go.”

Senku couldn't possibly let go. He needs man-power, it doesn't matter if it's male or female. Strong or frail. He needs man-power. Him alone is not even enough. It will never be enough, “I can help you.” He states, this woman doesn't have any room for negotiations. He 1 billion percent think that if he let go of her hand, she'll leave without any hesitation and will never return, “I'm a scientist. A hella good one at that. So if you help me, I can help you.”

“... I need you.”