Chapter 7

Holidays had come to an end and the group spent all of their time off together. Hermione and Annalis could almost always be found in the library. They searched as much as they could but kept coming up empty handed.

Hermione, Annalis, Draco and Kihyun were sitting in the back of the library when Harry and Ron came running in.

"What has you two so flustered?" Kihyun asks, glancing up at the two of them.

"We just escaped Myrtle." Ron says out of breath and rubs his side.

"Why were you in a girl's bathroom?" Draco asks, raising his eyebrow.

"The whole second floor was flooded. We followed the water." Harry replies as he takes a seat next to Annalis.

"And?" Hermione asks, raising her eyebrow at the two boys.

"Someone threw a book at her." Harry replies, pulling a wet diary out of his pocket and placing it on the table. Kihyun flips through the pages to find it empty.

"Who would throw away an empty diary?" Draco asks confusedly as Harry takes the diary back from Kihyun.

"No idea. Myrtle said she didn't see them." Ron replies as he continues rubbing his side.

"What's wrong with your side, Ron?" Annalis asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Harry elbowed me in it." Ron says, shooting Harry a glare causing the spectacled boy to roll his eyes.

"Yeah but tell her why, Ron." Harry says, staring intently at the redhead.

"I said something rude to Myrtle." Ron says, looking down at his knees.

"Then you deserved it." Hermione replies as she goes back to her homework. Draco reaches over and picks up the diary.

"This book is fifty years old." He says thoughtfully, drawing everyone's attention to him.

"There's a name too. 'T. M. Riddle'." He says, turning the book so everyone could see.

"I wonder who that is." Hermione hums more to herself than anything. Everyone around the table shrugged, not knowing.

Over the next few weeks, things were quiet. There were no attacks and, of course, Lockhart was congratulating himself. When Annalis and the boys walked into the great hall to find giant, obnoxiously pink flowers on the walls and heart shaped confetti falling from the ceiling, there was a collective groan. The group of nine sat at their table as Harry came through the door.

"Happy Valentine's day!" Lockhart yells at the top of his lungs.

"And may I thank the forty-six people who have so far sent me cards! Yes, I have taken the liberty of arranging this little surprise for you all - and it doesn't end here!" He finishes with a clap of his hands and a bunch of dwarves, wearing golden wings and carrying harps, walk into the room.

"My friendly, card carrying cupids!" He grins causing Annalis to glance at Wonho and roll her eyes.

"They will be roving around the school today delivering your valentines! And the fun doesn't stop here! I'm sure my colleagues will want to enter into the spirit of the occasion! Why not ask Professor Snape to show you how to whip up a Love Potion! And while you're at it, Professor Flitwick knows more about Entrancing Enchantments than any other wizard I've ever met, the sly old dog!" Lockhart wasn't paying attention to the reactions of his fellow professors.

"Fat chance." Shownu whispers across the table causing the other eight to giggle.

Annalis made it through most of the day without any valentines for her, which she was okay with, and a dwarf only burst into two of her classrooms. Annalis, Hyungwon, Jooheon and Changkyun caught up with Marie and Luna heading upstairs to meet up with Ginny, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Draco when they heard it.

"Oi, you! 'Arry Potter!" They all heard from behind them causing Harry to pale.

"I've got a musical message to deliver to 'Arry Potter in person." The dwarf said, with a threatening ring of his harp.

"Not here." Harry whispers, trying to leave quickly.

"Hold still!" The dwarf pulls on Harry's bag to which Harry pulls back.

"Let me go." Harry demands a second before his bag rips in half and all his things fall to the floor. Harry starts trying to pick up his things with the help of Hyungwon.

"What's going on here?" Pansy's shrill voice rings out as Harry starts shoving his things into his destroyed bag.

"What's all the commotion?" Percy asks as Harry tries to take off but the dwarf grabs his legs, making him fall.

"Right. Here is your singing valentine." He says, sitting on Harry's legs.

"His eyes are as green as freshly pickled toad,

His hair is as dark as a black board,

I wish he was mine, he's really divine,

The hero who conquered the dark lord." The dwarf finally let Harry up as the crowd laughed.

"Off you go, off you go, the bell rang five minutes ago, off to class, now." Percy says in his prefect voice, ushering everyone off to class as Crabbe bends down to pick something off the ground.

"Give that back." Harry says upon realizing it's the diary.

"Wonder what Potter's written in this?" Pansy says, taking it from Crabbe.

"Hand it over, Parkinson." Percy says harshly, looking at Pansy.

"When I've had a look." Pansy smirks and Harry goes for his wand. Seeing this, Draco grabs his arm and shakes his head as Annalis looks at Pansy.

"Give it back, pug face. Draco can only hold him back for so long." She glances around to see Ginny staring, terrified at the diary in Pansy's hand. Pansy scoffs before tossing the diary at Annalis, who catches it.

"Whatever." Pansy says, pushing past Harry with Crabbe and Goyle following her.

"Thanks, Anna, Draco." Harry says as Annalis hands him the diary.

"You okay, Gin?" Annalis hears her twin ask the redhead, who nods as she walks toward their classroom.

As Annalis takes a seat in the library the next day, Hermione comes rushing in, out of breath.

"What's up, 'Mione?" Annalis asks, raising her eyebrow as the breathless Gryffindor sits down.

"Harry found out new information from the diary." Hermione says when she's caught her breath.

"The empty diary?" Annalis asks in confusion.

"Not as empty as we thought. There was a spell on it. According to Tom Riddle, Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets fifty years ago, which is why he was expelled." Hermione replies in a hushed tone causing Annalis' eyes to widen.

"That can't be true. Have you talked to Hagrid?" She asks, causing Hermione to shake her head.

"No. We aren't going to unless there's another attack." Hermione replies, pulling out her Transfiguration book.