Chapter Five.

"He just said 'meeting' he didn't say like a dinner or anything," I said adding air quotes. 

I was having a video chat call with Kate, seeing as I didn't have an idea on what to wear. For the past hour, I hadn't come to a decision on the outfit to wear for the meeting.

"Go to my wardrobe and search for a nice dress," Kate said. "Or do you want to wear the yellow sundress I recommended?" She wiggled her brows.

"No. I don't. It's too revealing." I cringed.

She palmed her forehead in frustration. "It's just off shoulders, Belle." She sighed. "Why are you–shoot, I have to leave Mr. Trash is here. I'll call you later," she said and hung up.

I groaned and fell back on my bed, which was covered with a pile of clothes. "What am I going to do?" I groaned again and shut my eyelids closed for a second.

I heard the distant sound of sound ringtone, so I flicked my eyelids open. I grabbed my bag and fetched for my phone. I finally found it and checked the caller ID. It was my mum.

I swiped up and placed the phone on my ear.

"Hi mum," I mumbled to the phone.

"Belle, how are you?" she asked, her voice cracky.

"I'm okay, how are you and Crystal?"

"We are both fine. How was your interview?" she questioned.

I wanted to sigh in exasperation and throw my phone across the room. Recalling the interview spilt my mood even worse than it had already been. All I wanted to do was curl into a ball, lament on how stupid I was, and regret my missteps. Why did I decide to go early for the interview? Why didn't I listen to the redhead? Why did my stupid self choose the wrong elevator?

The interview went horribly wrong, I to wanted to say but I stopped myself and said, "It was alright. I got hired."

"Honey, that's good news, I'm happy for you." I could hear her smile from the phone.

"Thanks, mum." I smiled too. "I'll come and visit you sometime."

"Okay, dear. Crystal says hi."

"My regards. Mum, I have to leave now." 

"Bye."

"Bye." I hung up the phone and I sighed.

Yes, the relationship with my mum was weird, I didn't actually care. She was my mum and I loved her and I will always. I just couldn't wait to see them both.

I checked the time on my phone, it was 3:07 PM.

I jumped off the bed and strolled to Kate's room.

*

"Aha! I finally found it," I said to myself, grinning ear to ear like a fool.

I stared at the dark purple dress. It had a shiny fabric and it was just perfect for the meeting. It had straps, but they were thin, which I didn't actually mind. I wore it and it fit me. It was right above my knees too and I smiled back at myself in the mirror.

It was still 3 PM, so I had a quick shower and changed to the dress. Slipping into my black flats, I redid my hair and let it flow down my shoulders. I put a little of Kate's makeup on my face – a little mascara and shiny lip gloss– 

Happy with the sight in front of me, I hummed the beat of a rap song that I heard on Kate's phone.

Flagging down a cab, I headed off to TE. I entered the building and went up to Mr. Bossy's office. He was all dressed in his dark blue Armani and a bow tie, gelled hair, and perfect CEO.

"Good afternoon, sir." I smiled at him and he eyed Kate's dress and a muscle by the side of his lips twitched.

Holy crap! He almost smiled. My subconscious was doing cartwheels in her room.

"Good evening Ms. Greene." He said and it was clear that he was in a good mood. "Shall we?"

I blinked. Mr. Trevelyan in a good mood?

"Ms. Greene." He arched an eyebrow.

"Right," I said. "We shall."

We got to the reception area and I spotted a black and sleek Audi SUV in front of the building, that wasn't there when I had arrived.

A man in regular clothes,came down from the car, nodded at Mr. Bossy and opened the back seat door.

"Good evening sir," the man said. "Good evening ma'am." He smiled at me.

"Evening Tyler," Mr. Trevelyan said.

"Good evening." I smiled back at Tyler.

We both entered and Tyler started the ignition and drove us out of the underground parking lot of TE.

*

We arrived at a fancy restaurant minutes later.

"Ms. Greene, these people we're meeting are of high importance and any single mistake, the contract is out. Okay?"

Oh, so it's about a contract.

"Ms. Greene!"

Oh no! Warning! Mr. Bossy is back by unpopular demand.

"Yes sir." I nodded, shrinking back. "No mistakes."

"Good." He commented. "Now, we shall leave." He left the SUV and I followed suit.

We entered the restaurant and he led me through the back door, to a bar.

What?

We walked across the bar through another door, that eventually led to a conference room.

Oh.

Sitted in the conference room, were three English people: two males and a female.

"Mr Harrison, Mr Thompson Miss Elena." Mr. Trevelyan nodded towards them.

"Mr Trevelyan." They all nodded towards us and I smiled back and we took a seat.

"Sorry for the delay. We were held up by traffic," Mr Bossy said.

"No problem, Mr Trevelyan," They responded in unison–even though I found that a little creepy, I shrugged it off.

"Shall we begin?"