Chapter Sixteen.

Turns out Mr. Asshole didn't have any intentions to kill me.

Or so I thought.

But really, he had no intention of throwing me off the moving plane.

When he saw me -more like caught though- about to tell Crystal about the contract, he took -or rather dragged- me to the bathroom on the plane. I expected him to glare and pace about the bathroom, running hands through his hair and whatnot. What I didn't expect was his calm demeanor. I knew he was angry but his type of anger was the calm anger. He rested his back against the bathroom door, his arms were folded across his chest and I saw his tense jaw muscles tick every now and then.

"Sorry!?" I flinched from his tone and he arched an eyebrow at my reaction. "You're sorry? Miss. Greene, if you had mentioned a word about the contract to your silly sister, you could be dragged to court. Just a simple instruction Ms. Greene, you almost breached the contract."

I gritted my teeth as he was beginning to get on my nerves. "I said I'm sorry. It's not like I told her." I averted my eyes and folded my own arms across my chest, mocking his posture.

"If your stupid sister-" He paused when I winced but, as usual, he ignored me and continued anyway. "Do you realize your sister can go to someone and tell them what you've discussed with her-"

"She isn't-"

"I am not done talking Miss. Greene," he said and pushed himself off the door. I could feel his piercing stare dig holes into the middle of my forehead and I shifted uncomfortably, looking everywhere but him.

"Just listen okay," I started to say. "I didn't breach-"

"I said I'm not done talking," he interrupted and I looked up to glare at him. "I really have no idea what the fuck is wrong with you." I recoiled and backed against the wall. Damn, I must have really broken the last straw. The intensity of his cold glare made me want to crawl into a hole and rot to death. The air seemed to shift and fill itself with silence and tension. "I want you to listen and listen good," he continued and I swallowed a large clump of nerves. "If you had told an adult, I wouldn't be this angry but-"

"I can tell anyone?"

His nostrils flared and he took one step towards me while I widened my eyes a fraction and took a feeble one back. "Just shut the fuck up," he said. "Shut up. I didn't say that." He took another step towards me and I could practically feel his anger radiating off of him. It made my stomach churn and my skin tingle. In a bad way. I backed away from him as I took another feeble step back.

"Wh-What are you d-doing?"

"Oh, nothing. I'm just growing stuff on my potato farm," he said, his words dripping heavily with sarcasm.

I took unstable steps backward, away from him and he took stable ones forward, towards me. The irony. I backed against the wall and pressed myself against it; the cold tiles grazed the back of my shirt, making goosebumps trail over the back of my neck. I unfolded my arms and dropped them to my sides.

"I-I'm sorry?"

"This is the last time I'm going to say this. Shut. Up."

His taut jaw clenched harder and his upper lip curled over his teeth. His folded arms detached from his chest and dropped to his sides. "Next time, Miss. Greene, I will not hesitate to-"