Chapter Ten.

Marry me?

I stood frozen on the spot, jaw agape a fraction, dumbstruck, dumbfounded, dumb-everything as I gaped at the grey-eyed man that sat in front of me. 

Marry me.

The two words sunk in, right into the deep part of my brain. My subconscious knew better to not bother giving me false hope that I just needed hearing aids. The air around felt chilly and nipped at my skin as seconds dragged into minutes. Minutes that felt like hours. 

I stared at my boss.

He stared at his employee.

 I wasn't sure how long this continued but Mr. Trevelyan was the first to give up. He let out a sigh heavily. "You don't need to give me an answer now," Mr. Trevelyan said, "I'll give you time to think. Tomorrow at four, you should have come to a decision. You may leave."

I still stood on the spot, limbs frozen ice solid.

"You may leave now!" he snapped and I unfroze and turned around. "Hold on." He said and I stopped in my tracks. "I dismiss you. You can go home and resume work tomorrow, from the looks of it, you need some time to think. You do not mention our conversation to anyone." 

I opened my mouth but no word could come out. I closed it and opened it again, not caring that I probably looked like a fish, so I just nodded.

"Answer me!"

I suddenly found words and said, "Y-yes sir."

"Good, you may leave. You are dismissed for the day." He said and with that, I ran out of his office.

*

I arrived at the apartment. I dropped my bag on the couch. I dashed into my room and buried my head in my pillow. Groaning, the scene in his office started to replay in my head.

Okay fine, he is the richest man in New York. He is the most eligible bachelor in the whole of America. When girls see him, they get weak at the knees. He has the power to make sure, you never get a job again. He is my boss, but who the hell is he, to tell me, to marry him? And he said it, so casually like he was asking me, to get his coffee. Who is he? He even had the guts to threaten me using my family, friends, and my job. He ordered me to Marry him. Even if he didn't order, didn't it sound weird in his ears?

I had always imagined a face-less someone proposing to me, on one bended knee, my ear-splitting grin. Flowers and chocolate everywhere. I had always imagined the ring box in his hand, the beautiful diamond ring in it, and my astounded expression.

Never had I thought that a weirdo, a hot one, to be precise would just come and order, marry me or stay jobless forever.

That hot weirdo is unfortunately Ivan bossy Trevelyan.

I went into the bathroom to have a quick shower. After dressing up into my favorite outfit, ripped jeans, and a T-shirt, I settled down and prepared myself an omelet.

Marry him and pay for mum's treatment and Crystal's fees. Imagine if you aren't able to work, how would you pay Crystal's fees, she'd have to drop out. How the crap would you pay mum's bills? She'll die. My subconscious said and I left her alone ranting and not giving a crap about her rants.