Chapter Seven

Dee came over to Logan's table with his tray full of food. Currently, the two roommates were sitting in the food hall, getting themselves breakfast before heading to a day full of schoolwork and classes. Logan simply had a piping hot coffee. As he took a sip, he gazed upon his roommate's cuisine selection.

Dee had himself a piece of sourdough toast, a plum, along with a waffle with a small side of butter. He looked really tired and so did Logan. Considering the two couldn't sleep after the events of the previous night, they both sat awake until it was time for breakfast. They tried to make use of their time awake by studying, but both ended up giving up on that and ended up playing Monopoly for 4 hours instead.

Needless to say, the two were loopy on exhaustion.

"I suppose your breakfast is somewhat nutritious," Logan mumbled, going in for another sip of his coffee.

"Yeah, I won't eat all of it anyway. I mean, I can't even eat the toast!" Dee complained.

"What do you mean?" His curious roommate asked. Without a word, Dee stabbed the piece of toast with his plastic fork. He then proceeded to bang the toast on his tray, showing off the practical brick that the cafeteria had served him. "I see," Logan muttered.

"Yeah," Dee concluded. "Anyway, enough about that. We need to figure out who the guy was last night and how you ruined his life," He said, taking a bite out of his plum.

"Okay, I think he overreacted. Firstly, I didn't even know the guy. Secondly, how could I've ruined his life if myself, Virgil, or Patton didn't tell anyone about the incident," Logan reasoned. Dee considered it, staring blankly at his waffle while he traveled deep in thought.

"What if one of those other college students spread the word?" Dee suggested. "You know, the ones that ganged up on you."

"Perhaps. But there had to be at least eight to twelve of them. Plus it was dark out. I didn't even get a good look at the main person's face. It only clicked when he mentioned how I was up late," The two students were getting nowhere, they could tell. Just spinning in circles, ending up empty-handed. Logan sighed, taking a long sip of his coffee.

"How do you know Virgil and Patton didn't tell anyone?" Dee offered. Logan almost choked, taking a minute to spit some of his coffee back into his cup before coughing to clear his throat.

"You okay, kiddo?" A new voice asked. Logan didn't even have to look up to see Patton and Virgil joining their table. Patton had a peppy smile, as per usual, along with a plate full of pancakes drowning in syrup and powdered sugar. Virgil had his hood up, hair all pushed in front of his face. All he had was a small carton of chocolate milk.

"God, you guys look even worse than I do," Virgil blurted. Patton nudged him with his elbow, giving him a fatherly death glare.

"That's what happens when people go investigate strange noises outside their dorm room," Dee hissed, directing his words at his roommate.

"You really shouldn't be up that late, Logan. Even I shouldn't have to tell you that," Patton cooed. He reached out a hand, trying to offer his friend some comfort.

"Yeah, I know. But I couldn't sleep anyway," The tired student admitted.

"Got that Phantom on the mind?" Virgil said with a small shit-eating grin.

"Not only that," Dee said. Logan looked to him as if giving him permission to tell the story of the night before. "Logan was attacked again."

"WHAT?!" Patton screamed, banging his hands on the table and sliding up from his chair. By now, he had the whole cafeteria looking in their direction. Virgil put his blushing red face in his hands. Dee was trying not to laugh while Logan gently pushed Patton's shoulder back down into his seat.

"It wasn't like that. Well, sort of. I mean, yes, I was 'attacked' but that's a big word for such a small situation," Logan tried to explain. "It was the same guy from the other night. He kept going on and on about how I 'ruined his life.'"

"You? Ruin someone else's life?" Virgil questioned, removing his head from his hands.

"Precisely."

"Well that can't be right," Patton pondered, stroking his chin.

"I was wondering if word spread like wildfire, as it often does," Dee spoke again. "I was thinking that maybe one of you two, or the other kids involved with Logan's first attack told someone who told someone else, so on and so forth. Maybe that ended up ruining something for this guy."

"Well, I didn't tell anyone. You guys know me, I'm not one to spread the word around," Patton expressed. Everyone turned to Virgil, his face as red as a stop sign.

"Something you want to share, Virge?" Dee hissed, making Virgil shrink back more.

"I-I-I mean, I only t-told Remy. But, I-I tell him everything. Especially wh-when it comes to my anxiety!" He explained.

"Oh god! You told, REMY! He works where gossip goes to find gossip! Of course word got out through him!" Dee said, raising his voice a little more.

"Now, kiddo-"

"Look, I know you don't like Remy, but that's no reason to blame him for this!" Virgil interrupted Patton.

"What did Logan's attack have anything to do with your anxiety, anyway!?" Dee shot back, slamming his hands against the table. He was almost nose to nose with the emo student.

"I-I had a panic attack, okay!?!"

"That's no excuse to tell that lousy son of a bitch!" Dee's eyes glared daggers into Virgil's. The emo tried to resist but caved into his own fear. Few tears slipped from his face as he stood up.

"Virgil!" Logan called out.

"I'm sorry." The emo apologized, slipping into the crowd of college students and disappearing out of the building. Patton sighed, placing his roommate's milk carton on his tray and standing up as well.

"I'm gonna go find Virgil. I suggest you two drop this all together for someone else innocent gets hurt." Patton said. It didn't take much to hear the disappointment in the father figure's voice. Logan wanted to help find his friend but worried that he was the last person Virgil wanted to see right now.

Instead, the student glared at his own roommate. Dee huffed, "What?"

"I know you're trying to help, but flat out accusing one of my friends, Virgil no less, isn't helping anyone," Logan told him. Dee's face fell a little. He put his head down, refusing to look at his friend now. Logan grabbed his coffee cup and left, his head full of choices, but unsure of which one to choose.