Chapter Fourteen

It was now the next morning. Logan was standing over the desk he had covered in everything he had in his first aid kit while Dee was laying on his bed. He had an ice pack over his blackened eye and slightly bruised nose. "So, you're telling me, that The Phantom is Roman Rodgers?" Dee clarified.

"Yes."

"And Roman Rodgers also happens to be your project partner?"

"Yes."

"But he called Remus Royal, his brother?"

"Yes, now hold still!" Logan instructed. The student came over to Dee with a wet cotton ball. It was covered in an ointment designed to clean the dried blood from under Dee's nose, while also help it heal. His roommate squealed and squirmed as Logan applied the little ball under his nose. "Relax, alright? It's not a shot."

"Why didn't we just do this last night?" Dee grumbled as Logan finished up.

"Because you blacked out again on the way back here. And it's not wise to perform minor first aid on an unconscious patient," Logan advised.

"Says who?"

"Says me, who has to perform the first aid in the first place," Logan shot back. Dee rolled his eyes, bringing them to a close as he began to calm down. "You shouldn't have provoked him, you know."

"And what was I gonna do? Let this happen to you?" Dee remarked to which Logan hummed a small laugh. "I'm serious, dude! If you had gotten hit, you'd be writhing in pain cause I don't know shit about first aid!" As Logan got ready to apply some more cream to another cotton ball, Dee sighed, "Thank you for this."

"Anytime. You saved me after all. It's the least I could do." Just as Logan walked back over to Dee and began to dab his eye with the cotton ball, their dorm room door burst open. Logan jumped in fright, the frail little cotton ball slipping through his fingers. He looked up, to no surprise, to see Patton and Virgil.

"There you two are. We got concerned when you didn't show up for cafeteria breakfast!" Patton whined. The two entered the room, both freezing in place upon seeing Dee's busted up face.

"'Sup," Dee greeted, giving them a cocky smirk.

"What in the absolute hell happened to you?!" Virgil yelled, running over to his side. Patton looked to Logan, seeing his hands tinted with dried blood and antibiotic cream.

"Don't tell me..." Patton started.

"We were attacked...again," Logan finished. Patton and Virgil both gasped. "Dee, however, got the worse of the damage as you can see."

"Yeah, you should see his face!" Dee glouted.

"You went down after he hit you once!" Logan mentioned, getting a stink eye from Dee.

"You poor thing," Patton cooed, taking Dee's hand supportingly. "You both are lucky you didn't come out worse!"

"Wait 'til you hear what Logan found out though," Dee said, turning all heads to the student. Logan flushed red, pushing his glasses up his face before clearing his throat.

"I know who The Phantom is," He started by saying. He could already see that he had peaked Virgil and Patton's interest. "His name is Roman Rodgers who just so happens to be the brother of Remus Royal."

"How does that make any sense?" Virgil asked. Logan shrugged his shoulder, moving back over to Dee. He placed a band-aid on one of Dee's cut, making the poor man squirm as it rubbed uncomfortably on his skin.

"Maybe they aren't brothers by blood," Patton suggested.

"Could be but I doubt. They did look super similar." Logan admitted. He rubbed his hands on his jeans, finally finishing up with Dee and his injuries. The student's phone buzzed from its place on Logan's nightstand. He turned just in time to watch the screen die down.

Logan rubbed hand sanitizer all over his hands before going over to get his phone. Virgil watched the student's actions while Patton tried to help Dee sit up.

He had a text from none other than Roman Rodgers himself, Hey, when can we meet next?

Logan thought for a second before replying, Coffee and Creamery, in half an hour?

Sure! :)

The student smirked to himself before slipping his phone into his back pocket. He turned around to see Virgil turn away, pretending to not have been watching. Dee was now sitting with his back against the wall, his face a few shades paler from lightheadedness. "You doing okay, Dee?" Logan asked.

"Fine...just a little dizzy."

"Why were you guys out and about anyway? You two should've known better than going out when Logan's been subjected to attacks!" Patton scolded.

"That's why I went with him! I didn't think his attacker...Remus would dare!" Dee defended.

"I just needed to clear my head. I was just...becoming overwhelmed with all these feelings and emotions I've never had before," Logan admitted. "I was growing frustrated with Roman, but I didn't know he was The Phantom back then."

"Well, why were you upset with him, kiddo?"

"Because he-!"Logan paused, a realization coming to him. "Because I...like him." Virgil and Patton swapped a look. The emo boy stood up and sat Logan down on his bed. "I want to do this project with him. I want to be around him. He respects me and tried his best to keep my feelings in mind. He was...he is everything I wish I could be."

"I understand that mindset," Virgil muttered. "When I met Remy, he treated me with so much love and respect. It was something I had never felt before. Something I never realized I wanted until he asked me out. I just wanted everything to be easy with us. But it wasn't up to just me or just him to make that happen. It was up to us."

Logan looked at Virgil, seeing the bubbling up tears in his eyes. "You deserve the world, Logan. I just hope Roman can give that to you."

"Thank you, Virgil," Logan hugged Virgil, taking the emo by surprise at first before melting into it. Patton beamed with fatherly pride, jumping up to join the group hug.

"Good luck, kiddo." Patton told him. His two friends pulled away, letting Logan stand up. He grabbed his keys and headed towards the door. As he did, he gave Dee a fist bump, making him laugh.

"Go get your Phantom, Christine!" Dee said. Everyone laughed at that as they watched Logan exit the room.