Chapter Nineteen

"Remus, what the hell are you doing?" Roman shouted out to his brother. The crazed brother laughed, dropping Emile and Patton to the floor. The two both whimpered, obviously terrified out of their minds.

"What? I'm just getting back what was rightfully mine!" He growled. There was a moment of silence before Remus noticed Logan standing next to his brother. He laughed, clapping his hands in joy. "Oh good! Just the people I wanted to see!" He cheered, looking between the crowding students behind Roman.

"For the last time, what did I do to you?" Logan asked. Remus sighed, a smirk sliding onto his face.

"You really don't get it, do you?" He laughed. The creep made his way towards the stairs to exit the stage, pushing past Patton to get there. "You act so smart but you play the fool! Do you not remember that first night we met?"

Logan thought on it for a second, the dots not connecting in his head. Remus only got closer to his face, causing Roman to wedge himself between his lover and his brother. "Remus, you've taken this too far as it is! All for what? A dumb grudge over something Logan didn't even do!"

That's when it clicked in the student's head. He put his hand on Roman's shoulder, immediately calming him down. Logan took a step forward, facing their captor. "All of this is about that stupid night!?" He argued.

"So you remember now, do you?" Remus croaked. "That night when I was drunk with some of my friends. We chased after you, yet you still ran. You slipped from our grasps and ran into the night. When I sobered up, I realized what I had done. I begged my friends to not tell anyone about the encounter. I thought they all agreed. All, but one!"

"I still don't understand how this involves me!" Logan protested. Remus hung his head and laughed.

"Not you," He turned his head and pointed his finger to Dee, "Him!" Logan's roommate grew bright red. He rubbed his arms anxious, refusing to look at any of his friends in the eye.

"Dee?" Virgil coughed out. He finally looked up, fat tears streaming down his face. He choked on his sobs while his friends stared at him in awe.

"It hurts doesn't it?" Remus laughed. "But this is what I said would happen, right?" Suddenly, the crazed man attached a hook to the back of Dee's shirt. The result sent him flying into the air, only being supported by the one hook. The poor man struggled to get down but to no use. He just hung by the back of his shirt in shame. "Now that you're on display, maybe you'd like to tell everyone what you did!"

Dee balled his hands into fists, mentally struggling with the information trapped inside his head. "I-I told Anton about the attacks! I only knew because I was there that night!" He cried. They all gasped, even Emile and Patton. Nobody had any idea.

"You were there when I was attacked?!" Logan yelled.

"I saw everything! I was drunk, Logan! Remus invited me to his place for a few days! When I came to, Remus was begging me not to tell. I wasn't going to, honest! When I walked to the dorm and found your backpack, I realized that we had attacked you. I knew I couldn't live with myself having that information locked in my head. So, I told the one person that I knew would teach Remus his lesson. Anton!"

"I was kicked from the show later that evening," Remus finished, walking back up to the stage. "Until he stole my spotlight!" He yelled, shooting an angry finger at his brother.

"So then you yelled at me for nothing! You yelled at Remy for nothing! Just to protect your disgusting, lying ass!" Virgil shouted. An ashamed nod bobbed Dee's head.

"Then what did I have to do with this?" Logan interrupted.

"You had to be walking at that certain spot that night. You had to start a confrontation with us! YOU HAD TO BE ROOMMATE WITH DEE!"

"Confrontation? I asked you to move!" Logan shot back.

"It doesn't matter. You are all going to pay!" Remus cackled. The lights went dark again. All that could be heard were the muffled screams of Emile and Patton. Roman grabbed Logan's arm and blindly lead him up to where the stairs to the stage were. Suddenly, the spotlight turned back on.

This time, it was facing the 5th viewing box. The box haunted by The Phantom of the Opera. Remus stood there, graciously watching Emile and Patton, tied to each other by their wrists on the stage. He had the special effects control box in front of him like a toy. The entire theater's special effects and lights were at his command.

With limited visibility, Logan and Roman got to work of untying them while Virgil tried to get Dee off the hook suspending him in the air.

Roman tried to focus on untying the two boys but grew distracted by his brother watching him. The prince stood up, walking a few steps closer while looking up to his brother. "Why in the world would you do this, Remus? You're such a good person and yet, you're throwing it all away!"

"You just don't understand, Roman. You don't understand and you never will! You were always on the higher platform than me and you know it! Every show we ever auditioned for together! You'd be the lead, and I'd be left to rot! That was until this very show! The one where I was cast as the lead and you got your own medicine fed to you!" The angry brother screamed.

Roman looked hurt. More than anything though, he knew that Remus was right. "I know this meant a lot to you, Remus. I never had them change the program though. Every night, people thought they were watching Remus Royal performing. I know you got kicked from the show, but I didn't want to take it from you!"

"LIAR!" Remus screamed. Suddenly, the sounds of turning wheels and loose rope ran through everyone's ears. There was a deep-set scream as Logan could only watch a sandbag come down on top of his head.