Chapter Ten

Logan entered the college theater once again with the ticket that he printed out in the library in his back pocket, he was ready. He purchased a matinee ticket this time. Not only was he not wanting to walk back to his dorm hall in the dark, he feared that his unknown attacker might find him again.

With that thought now perched in his head, he decided he look around the main lobby to see if Emile was anywhere in sight. He politely made his way through the crowd of people. Unfortunately, he was nowhere in sight. Must still be backstage.

Come to think of it, Logan hadn't seen Emile since high school. People can change a lot in 3 years. The student sighed, the situation laying heavily on his shoulder. Sooner or later, the crowd shuffled into the theater. Logan did the same, seeing the beautiful stage and set once again.

His heart fluttered a little. Being back here was like a rush of joy for the student. More than anything, it was the place that held the answer to his question, who is The Phantom of the Opera?

The lights dimmed as they did once before. Logan scooted to the edge of his seat, ignoring the weird looks he was getting from the people around him. It wasn't long before The Phantom came on stage, singing to Christine. Little did The Phantom actor know how much he was melting Logan's heart as well.

It came to the point that the student would mouth along with the words with The Phantom. He wasn't sure why, but he felt like he was up there with The Phantom by doing this. It was weird, he knew that, but he couldn't help but not care.

The show, sure enough, ended. It made Logan slightly sad, but he had a mission to finish. The student got out of his seat, hurriedly following the crowd out. He looked around for Emile in the main lobby. Once again, he was nowhere to be seen.

Logan turned around, seeing a hallway by the auditorium entrance. The door was marked, Cast and Crew Only!!!

He smirked, feeling his heartbeat speed up. He headed towards the door, the possibility of meeting The Phantom crossing his mind. It made his knees weak at the thought. Never had Logan felt like this towards someone. This felt more than a petty school crush. This was meant to be. The student could feel it.

Just as he put his hand on the doorknob, the door opened. He jumped back, letting the door glide open. The person on the other side looked at him, his eyes wide yet growing stern. "I'm sorry, but you're not supposed to go back here."

This man was wearing black pants, a black shirt, and a light pink sweater. He had a purse around his shoulder that he was currently stuffing his stuff inside. He wore brown, oval glasses, making his eyes slightly bigger through the frames. Logan acted fasted, "Emile?"

"Yeah...?" The stranger answered back.

"It's me, Logan." Suddenly, Emile's face lit up. A blush surrounded his cheeks as he captured Logan in a quick hug.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry. I didn't even recognize you, you look so different!" He gushed, looking again at Logan.

"Oh, well, I haven't changed that much."

"Nonsense," Emile responded, roughing up Logan's black hair. "Anyway, long time no see. How've you been? How's...uh, how's Dee?" Emile questioned, his blush coming off even stronger.

"He's good. Uh, I know we haven't spoken in a while but, can I ask you a favor?" Logan tried.

"Of course! What's up?"

"Well, I've noticed that your Phantom isn't the person mentioned in the program. I just wanted to congratulate him on his spectacular performance these past few nights."

"You've seen the show before?" Emile asked, confusion in his tone.

"Well, yes. I mean, no. Uh, whatever makes it sound less creepy." Logan spat out, immediately covering his mouth as Emile choked on laughter.

"Do you have a crush, Lo?" The pink sweatered man asked. Logan's face heated up rapidly, rubbing the back of his neck out of awkwardness.

"I-I think 'crush' is a strong word," Logan stuttered.

"You do!" Emile squeaked, wrapping Logan in another hug. "You should meet him! I wonder if he's left yet. Come on, let's go see!" Without a second thought, Emile grabbed Logan's arm as he dragged him along backstage.

It was an odd sight to the student. He had never been in the backstage area of his college's theater department. In fact, up until this show, Logan had never stepped a foot into this building. He had no reason to before. Now, he couldn't get it out of his head.

Other crew members in the classic theater black watched the two wander the halls. They gave Logan weird looks while not batting an eye at Emile. The student was lead to a back room. This seemed to be the costume headquarters. He could see a lot of the ensemble members and main members of the cast hanging up their costumes for the night.

Emile searched the crowd, trying to see if the masked man was still there. Logan tried to help, but he wasn't doing much good since he didn't know who he was looking for. On a nearby table, Logan noticed The Phantom mask sitting there, along with the icon costume he wears throughout the show. "He must've left," Logan said, bringing his findings to Emile's attention.

"Must've been in a rush too. Roman never leaves his costume like this. He always hangs it up." Logan froze for a second.

"His name is, Roman?"

"Oh yeah. I don't know his last name though. He's only been The Phantom since Remus left." Emile said, spitting out the Remus like a poison. "Anyway, I'm sorry I dragged you all the way back here. I thought getting to meet him would be cool for you."

"It's alright, Emile. Knowing his name is enough for now." With that, Logan used the back exit to leave the theater. His breaths were projected into the cold night air, sending a chill throughout his back. While his findings were slim, they were more than he hand before. The newfound information made him feel slightly more confident. Maybe this search wouldn't be as hard as he thought.