Chapter Twenty

"Logan!" Roman and Virgil both screamed. Emile and Patton let out the best screams they could through their gags. The prince rushed over to his love, pushing the sandbag off his head. He gasped as Logan's glasses had smashed, and the glass from them had cut many deep marks in his face. His nose looked broken as it turned a deep shade of purple.

The student's eyes open. He quickly winced in the stinging pain swirling all around his face. Roman held tightly to him, hoping to relieve him of the pain he must've been experiencing. The prince turned back to his brother's sick smirk. "Stop this! This has gone way too far!"

"Wrong! This has only just begun! I've been planning these traps all night long!" Remus fired back.

"Traps?" Roman muttered to himself. Emile and Patton both muffled out screams as they saw spotlights hurling down towards their heads. Thinking on his feet, Roman dropped Logan and grabbed the two. He pulled them forwards as they all watched the lights crash through the stage, barely grazing their legs.

Roman finished untying their wrists as they removed the gags themselves. Patton wiggled over to Logan, looking him over. The student seemed in a daze, not really paying attention to anything. "We have to get him out of here!" Patton suggested.

"Not so fast!" Remus screeched. He pressed a button on his panel as sparks flew down from the ceiling. There was a loud bang before the chandelier that appears at the beginning of the show came flying down towards Virgil and Dee.

The two screamed, watching in absolute horror. Virgil tried to get out of the way but the rim of the lighting fixture caught his leg and pinned it into the ground! "FUCK!" Virgil shouted in pain. Dee was nowhere to be seen anymore. He had fallen from the hook, most likely trapped under the chandelier.

"DEE!" Emile screamed, running down the stage to try and help.

"Remus! I'm begging you, please stop!" Roman pleaded.

"Well, you're going to be begging for a long ass time!" He responded. The ground below Roman began to shake as he was lifted into the air via a platform under his feet. He fell to his knees, watching as he progressively got higher and higher off the ground. Patton wordlessly watched, holding Logan.

"This has been quite the show stopper, hasn't it?" Remus laughed, now eye level with Roman.

"You're a sick fuck!" Roman snapped.

"Thank you! But you haven't even seen the finale!" The crazed Phantom started pressing buttons on his panel. Roman got increasing worried as the time when on. As he continued, his panel began to spark. One of the sparks caught on Remus' costume, lighting it aflame.

Remus waved his arm around, trying to get it to stop. Eventually, the fire jumped from his clothes to the curtains. That lit them and all the old theater wood around it on fire. Everyone screamed out.

Roman looked down to see Patton trying to pick up Logan, but he was having trouble. Roman bit his lip as he got in the position to jump off the tall platform to go help his friends and boyfriend. The prince took a leap, landing in the direction of the audience's seats. He landed oddly on his right arm, hearing an audible snap.

He groaned in pain before shrugging it off and going over to help Patton. He had Logan on his feet, but the poor student was hardly conscious. Roman wrapped his arm around his neck while they slowly helped the student off the stage.

The fire was only getting worse. It had torn the set to shreds and was slowly inching towards them. Emile had just pulled Virgil out from the under the chandelier, but Dee was still nowhere to be found. They all looked around the light fixture, trying to see if they could spot the poor student.

"THERE!" Patton yelled out. He pointed to an open bit of the chandelier where you could just barely see Dee's unconscious face. Without warning, Roman ran over to help. Virgil stumbled over to, doing his best to help without hurting his leg even more. They grabbed a hold of Dee's shoulders and pulled him out.

The two seemed surprised that they managed that, but had little time to celebrate. The fire was entering the second story audience area just above their heads. Roman went back over to help Patton while Emile and Virgil struggled to carry Dee out.

They were all coughing like crazy, having a hard time keeping their eyes open there was so much smoke. Roman turned around, looking up to the 5th booth to see that Remus was nowhere to be seen. He couldn't dwell on it. He had to continue to trudge along.

Emile and Virgil pushed against the exit doors, but they weren't budging. "Remus locked all the doors! We're trapped!" Emile announced, choking on all the smoke. The second story balcony crash down behind them, trapping the teams between a dense wall of fire and the locked doors.

Roman looked back and forth between his options. It was only added pressure as everyone around him kept hacking on smoke. It had gotten to a point that Virgil and Emile were leaning on the door, they couldn't hold themselves up anymore.

The prince passed Logan back to Patton and approached the door. Still holding his broken arm, he rammed his good shoulder into the door. While it was a little amount, the door moved. So he did it again. And again. And again.

The door burst open, leaving Roman to fall to the floor. Everyone burst out, Patton helping Roman to his feet. To the groups' surprise, the front doors were already open with Anton, fireman, and paramedics waiting for their arrival.

Quickly, paramedics took Logan and Dee from their hands. They investigated them before getting them into the ambulances. Roman hopped into Logan's ambulance car while doctors rushed to inspect his broken body. Roman didn't need surgery, but they couldn't tell about Virgil's busted leg. Patton jumped into Virgil's ambulance while Emile hopped into Dee's.

As they drove Roman off, he couldn't help but watch the theater continue to burn. His brother nowhere in sight.