Chapter IV - 6 months

-Chris-

Today it's been six months since I started living again. My memory still comes back little by little, I have some flashbacks from childhood from time to time, but nothing recent.

Even with so much time, it still seems that something is already wrong in this bubble of time. An empty gap, a blank chapter in a book. If I'm really right, nobody wanted to reveal the truth to me as a whole. They just told me what they wanted me to know.

They are selfish. I deserve to know about my past, don't I? After all, it is my story. They don't know how I suffer when I hear them denying my distrust when I know that part is missing. It's torturous.

Tired of doing nothing, I joined guard training three months ago.  Maybe this helps me to try to forget the past that, if my nervous system doesn't improve, I can never know.

My relationship with Brianne is getting worse and worse. She is my sister, but distrust totally spoils our complicity, because she is involved in this lie too.

Walking through the clearing closest to the Castle in the morning, she and I went to pick raspberries, as in childhood. Even with the tense atmosphere between us, I still enjoyed those moments.

B: You don't remember anything at all?

C: Nothing since I was 15 years old.

B: Considering you are almost 30, the situation is serious.

C: I already know that. I didn't understand why there are secrets that you hide from me.

B: Stop that line of thinking, please.

I was so angry that I didn't even notice when I started screaming, making Brianne cry.

C: YOU KNOW SOMETHING YES. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE CAUSE FOR NOT REVEALING EVERYTHING TO ME! WE LOVE US, WE ARE BROTHERS, BRIANNE! DO YOU FEEL WELL HIDING THE TRUTH OF ME?

B: No, I don't feel. You remember how I love you. If I hide something from you, believe me, it's not my choice.

Brianne was now kneeling on the grass with her hands hiding her face in tears. The basket full of raspberries in his hand had fallen, too. I felt a huge twinge in my chest for leaving it that way. Certainly, she suffered as much as I did.

C: Forgive me, Brie.

I knelt by her and hugged her. I didn't have much to say.

In the afternoon, I had one more training. I attended to comply with the protocol, but found it completely unnecessary. My sword skills were sufficiently developed. The Royal Guard did not seem to understand that there is more to training than weapon combat. They should include resistance exercises or battle strategies as well.

Mark, my coach, always praised my performance. Even so, I need improvements in some tactics.

M: Hi, Chris! Ready for personal training?

C: I'm not sure ... I'm exhausted from training with sword skills so much ...

M: I also used to pass this on to you, however they are higher orders.

C: Right ...

Apparently, it was impossible not to notice my dismay.

M: How long have you had time for yourself?

C: Only for me ... This has been a long time. I'm always busy.

M: So you have it now. Until the end time of this training.

I smiled and greeted my trainer, much more excited by the news.

C: Thank you, Mark! I owe you that.

I got on my horse without even hesitating and set off for a place I liked a lot and hadn't been in a long time: The kingdom fair.